• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision Dec.11 & 12

Breeze260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
Okay
I don't know how many local shooters are going to the Mammoth Match and need to practice, but I am and I do. So on Saturday Dec.11th we will have a practice range day. Shooting from benches, tables, positions. It all depends on who all shows up, cost $20 to use this fine facility. I will be there around 10:00am

Sunday Dec.12th will be "The Intimidator" Start 10:00am Cost $20 members $30 non-members
The target frames and hardware are <span style="color: #FF0000">NOT</span> the same as last winter and should hold up.
Don't forget to put your money in on cleaning the course there is still $5000 waiting for someone
grin.gif

Re: Thunder Valley Precision Dec.11 & 12

I will probably be there, got a new load and better data

I'll have to catch up the next time, I'm committed to a Christmas party on the 11th.

Hey Breeze,

Do you guys have snow out there yet? If I am able to make the drive I want to make sure that my inner Boy Scout shines.....

Thanx,
Hugo

you guys are lucky down there, its snowin right now up in cleveland!

I'd like to but I'm stuck working. I have to get my data again since I got a different scope now and a brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chickeneye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys are lucky down there, its snowin right now up in cleveland! </div></div>

Been snowing since 10:00AM in Dayton, Oh

Its been trying down here but the range is 2 hours north of me so I will Talk to Tom a few days before to make sure

might be able to come on saturday for the practice, i have to see what my ammo situation is like. if i do i think ill try to get my father to come out as well.

i'll bet the range is buried by now, it hasn't stopped snowing in cincy since yesterday morning and they are saying it won't stop until late monday.

TVP shooters,

At this point we have a light dusting of snow, maybe half inch to and inch in some spots. I will keep you all posted and or Wayde. Ground is froze hard but some soft spots so we will have to be careful.
Also, I will be conducting SHARK suppressor demos Saturday and Sunday as well as Vectronix PLRF15C laser range finder with the RECON hand held for those interested. This is great unit and very accurate and dependable.
Also, we will have STM products in use and I will demo the AWESOME cleaning results of this companys stainless steel media and Thumblers Tumbler. For years I have searched for the perfect cleaning tool/tools, my search is over. As a world record holder I strive for the most consistancy possible and this will help improve any serious precision shooter accomplish this most important variable in reloading. I have a large batch of .260 brass I will clean and use for the demo so you can see the before and after results.

Thanks,

Don't forget Tom has some raffle tickets for a Shark suppressor for anyone that hasn't got in on it. Surely just about anybody could use a $20 can.

Thanks Jim, got some old fart txts this morning to start my day off..LOL.

Yes, please dont forget about the Tiger Shark suppressor raffle tickets. I want a lucky winner to win this soon. Still have lots of tickets available. Thank for the reminder Mike!

We will be shooting this weekend for those interested in coming on out. Snow is not an issue at this point. Lots of steel to shoot at that WILL hold up to the cold.
Mammoth shooters can take advantage of this practice day.
I will be available to help with what ever you need.

If anyone has a 55 Gal. burn barrel and would like to bring it please do. We have plenty of wood!

Thanks,

Does anyone else feel like they spend more time reloading, than shooting? Trying to keep up with demand...Camp Perry Pop-ups, IDPA, Highpower and now I'm trying Tactical training.... I gotta give up an addiction.
The worst part is I'm not good at any of these disciplines... spray and pray baby!
I'm trying to make enough for Saturday.

Happy Birthday Tom

We have that fire rings that Mike left up there, we can roll it over by the benches.

Hey Tom Happy Birthday - can't wait to come back and shoot some more.
Mike

Your right Wayde, I had forgot..now if we just had something to warm up the lid on the porta john...LOL.

Snow is almost completely gone and the forecast for tomorrow is....Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Going to be a good day on the range

For everyone that didn't come out to the range yesterday, wow you missed a great day on the range. Probably the best weather you will see for a long time.

Happy Belated B-Day Tom, hope that you had a good one!

Sorry I could not make it this weekend, but the weather is obviously in the toilet so a 4 hour drive in it is not an option.

Needless to say they had a hell of a weekend to practice for the Mammoth Sniper Challenge at Rockcastle.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2002776&page=8

At least it should give everyone a good idea what to expect in January.

I hate to say it, but it if continues the way it has been looks like that we are going to have a pretty crappy winter.

Mike & Wade, best of luck with the match. Make sure you give me a yell if I can help you guys out in any way.

Happy Holidays to everyone,
M Richardson

so did tvp get any snow during the match? it was mostly just rainy and wet up here until a few hours ago.

It rained until noon or so, very windy and turned blizzard like after that lol. I was the only one to show up, about 5 minutes late but Tom was cool as hell and let me demo the Tigershark can on my Trg 22. Looks like more ramen is in my future, sweet can. The note was like a thwack and no hearing protection was needed, sounded like a .22 mag maybe. Thanks Tom again.

I wanted to come down this past weekend, but ended up working saturday...anyone know when the next open range day or shoot will be?

Sounds like a lot of fun and a great range up their. Mike Bush is building 2 rifles for me that i am looking forward to using up their next year. I am looking forward to meeting some people and learning the long range game. Should be getting the rifles after the first of the year and time and weather permitting get some loads worked up and sighted in at the local club i belong to. Tom, i talked with you quite awhile back on the phone and i am looking forward to meeting and talking with you. Saving all vacation time and i am off on Sat. & Sun. What days can you shoot up their when their are not any matches going on. Plan on being a regular up their as much as i can and would like to have some info on shooting times if available. Thanks....DAN........

Jon,

At this point with my computer issues a money order or check would be fine mailed to the address below.
Nice to hear from you. Hope to see you again soon.
Tickets costs are $20 per ticket and 6 for $100.
This is a great chance to win a TigerShark suppressor for very little cost.
We have 50 more $20 tickets to sell or 10 $100 tickets if anyone is interested.
Good luck!

Shooters,

We are currently working on a 2011 schedule.
We will have a FULL schedule for 2011 with several Tactical/Sniper matches that wont be watered down, you will have to earn the win.
Also, the "Intimidator" will continue to challenge even the most seasoned shooters and the "Short Course" will still evade the perfect score every time.
We will be adding some new postions for 2011 for steel/tactical shooters.
All distances from position to steel will be EXACT and posted at the range master stand for all to see.
We have a great and organized group of shooters here at TVP that is always willing to lend a helping hand to those who need it.
I will have full details in the next couple of weeks posted on a new thread.
Anyone going to the Mammoth shoot dont hesitate to come on out and train-up with us. There will be a group of us from TVP that will be participating in the event.

Thanks,

Wish you all the best.
Too many irons, not enough fire.

What are you planning for the first January shoot?

This is always a fun time.
Proper dress required.

TC