• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Thunder Valley Precision pic

ShipAhoy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2017

Looks like an awesome place. It's only an hour from my family. I want to go there next time I'm in Ohio.

will defiantly have to look into them more would love to shoot there . by the looks of the photos thank you for this post.

I really really want to go here. Its about three hours for me as well from south eastern michigan.

This place is awesome. I am about 1 hour and 20 minutes away. I have shot several matches and numerous open shoot days here. Tom Sarver the owner is awesome to deal with. This place is awesome to shoot from benches or numerous positional positions. Go run a head hunter, or intimidator coarse. The owner held the world record at 1k for about 10 years and builds really nice custom rigs.

Reactions: chooter
I'm just east of Dayton. Takes me about 2 hours. Well worth the drive. I was there about a month ago and one of the guys shooting was from Maryland. Said he comes out 3-4 times a year when he gets a 3 day weekend.

If you look beyond the 1000 yard targets you can see Tom's box blind. He's killed some big deer on that property. I'm envious.

Looking forward to checking this out next week. Went to Rayners last summer too, both about the same trek from SW Ohio.

How is Thunder Valley for new folks?

Reactions: long range sponge
Went for the first time a few months ago. Safety officer and all of the other shooters we talked to were friendly and helpful. Looking forward to another visit to check out the new improvements.

When I was shooting there it didn’t have the overhead cover. Looks like some great improvements for sure on an already good range

What is the max distance you can shoot here? Looks like a fantastic range.

@MACHTECH what cartridge were you using? Nice AI btw. If you're ok with it I wouldn't mind meeting up to check it out this summer. Kinda getting the AI itch. I just got my Origin back from the smith and I'm surprisingly underwhelmed. Maybe it just needs the bolt run a bunch but my RPR is noticeably smoother. It's been fluted and I believe nitrided by AD Arms.

Reactions: MACHTECH
Thunder valley today, Just got home strangely my pictures look just like
MACHTECH's lol.
Had fun, very nice range!
Worth the time and effort to get there,
They have a FB page with calendar of
Open range days, match, etc.
Make sure you check before you go.

Reactions: MACHTECH
@MACHTECH what cartridge were you using? Nice AI btw. If you're ok with it I wouldn't mind meeting up to check it out this summer. Kinda getting the AI itch. I just got my Origin back from the smith and I'm surprisingly underwhelmed. Maybe it just needs the bolt run a bunch but my RPR is noticeably smoother. It's been fluted and I believe nitrided by AD Arms.

Thank you! I was shooting .300 Norma. Let me know next time you're going and maybe we can hook up. I'd have no problem letting you get behind the axmc!

Reactions: long range sponge