• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 21-22

Breeze260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
The event will be held at Thunder Valley Precision located in Coshocton, Ohio on April 21st-22nd

The mission will be specific and carried out in a timely manner were both shooters in the team will have to engage targets in their forward, left and right flanks. Shooters will feel the stress and importance of making one shot hits on their intended targets. This is a simulated sniping operation and in the real world when you shoot at armed men they will surely shoot back if you miss. That is why it is important for you and your team mate to make quick, educated and instinctive decisions instantly and accurately the first time.

Teams will only be allowed a certain number of rounds per stage.

Each team will be briefed at each station before setting out on their mission. Then and only then will they know mission specifics. Detailed maps and an exact plan of attack have been executed for you by force reconnaissance. Your team will be given the details and it's up to you and your teammate to execute the mission in a timely fashion eliminating all targets as quickly and as precisely as you possibly can.

Teams will be required to use a scoped rifle <span style="text-decoration: underline">each</span> capable of one MOA or better and quality glass for target identification purposes. Each team can (but not necessary) also possess a laser range finder, Each team will be allowed to use laser range finders on all but two stages of fire.

There will be at least six scenario-based stages of fire
Match will be limited to 30 teams
Cost per team will be $250.00-$125.00 per shooter
Teams will need the following to ensure mission success.
One scoped rifle <span style="text-decoration: underline">each</span> capable of one MOA or better and able to shoot distances from 10 yards to 1100 yards.
Any center fire caliber from 223 Rem to 30 cal. (Suppressors are encouraged)
100 rounds of ammunition each.
Clothing and footwear suitable for field maneuvers

Campers/Camping is permitted
Range address
Thunder Valley Precision
15786 TR. 118
Kimbolton, Ohio 43479
GPS co-ordinance 40°10'37.43"N 81°43'1.38"W
740-502-6530
Thunder Valley Precision

[email protected]
Registration Starts Monday January 9, 2012, we will accept the FIRST 30 team e-mails.
One e-mail per team please.
Please send both team members full names and contact info such as phone and e-mail.
<span style="color: #CC6600">Sponsors- Please contact us via PM or Email if interested in sponsoring</span>
<span style="color: #FF0000">THANKS TO</span>

Re: Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 7-8th

Are there any sponsors at this point of which have donated to a prize table? Any payouts for 1st-3rd?

hell ya, you know im in.

Oh yeah, will definitely try to make this one

Psmith and I are in for sure.

Re: Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 21-22

Sorry guys due to some scheduling conflicts I missed, I had to change the date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any sponsors at this point of which have donated to a prize table? Any payouts for 1st-3rd?

</div></div>
I have contacted a few sponsors and am waiting for responses, so not at this time. And as for payouts no but the prize table will be in order you placed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam Todd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the new date </div></div>

It was the 7th-8th now its the 21st-22nd

Does each team compete for two days or do we pick a day?

When will match fee be due?

This is a 2 day match, day 2 will be a short day to try and get everyone on the road as soon as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will match fee be due? </div></div>
After I get your email(tomorrow) I will send a registration form to you, you will have 3 weeks to return it. After 3 weeks I will assume you decided not to participate and move on to the next team.
Thanks

Email sent.... If we don't make the first 30 will you notify us as to where we fall on the waiting list?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Email sent.... If we don't make the first 30 will you notify us as to where we fall on the waiting list? </div></div>
Yes you will be notified either way

Thread says $125 per team and the registration sheet says $125 per person, which one is correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thread says $125 per team and the registration sheet says $125 per person, which one is correct? </div></div>

Sorry for the mix up...
$125.00 per shooter
$250 per team

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry guys due to some scheduling conflicts I missed, I had to change the date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any sponsors at this point of which have donated to a prize table? Any payouts for 1st-3rd?

</div></div>
I have contacted a few sponsors and am waiting for responses, so not at this time. And as for payouts no but the prize table will be in order you placed.</div></div>

250 a team, no cash pay.... i hope the prizes are good and plentiful..
wink.gif

from 10 yards to 1100 yards.... I didn't forget that one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> min distance?.. max? </div></div>

Teams will need the following to ensure mission success.
One scoped rifle each capable of one MOA or better and able to shoot distances from 10 yards to 1100 yards.

hi, i'm new to this distance shooting scene. having rifle built by tom, as we speak. my name is lon jenkins. just wanted to get started on this forum. thx.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry guys due to some scheduling conflicts I missed, I had to change the date.

</div></div>
I have contacted a few sponsors and am waiting for responses, so not at this time. And as for payouts no but the prize table will be in order you placed.</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

It takes a lot of time and effort to set up a match and Tom and Wayde dont do this for fun (well they do but everything has a cost associated with it), TVP is a top notch place to shoot and train, all that costs money. I have never come away from a match upset, every one has been a great learning experience. None of us work for free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry guys due to some scheduling conflicts I missed, I had to change the date.

</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

Ring, dont you have a contact that might be interested in donating a scope or two for prizes?

any hand gun stages for the secondary shooter???? Just sayin would make it interesting.

Geee, why does the handgun shooter have to be the secondary? JK, know what you were meaning and does sound like it would be something cool to add in. Does sound like a fun match, good luck to everyone.

Topstrap

As soon as I get some conformations from the sponsors we talked to at SHOT, I'll update the list.

Okay I know everyone that has watched "Top Shot" has said "I can shoot better than him" well here's your chance. Chris Cerino placed 2nd on the first season of Top Shot and will be shooting this match.
So send me an email and get registered

Hey Guys,

Ok, there is a team of 2, but you said there is only one rifle required, so do both team members shoot or is 1 a spotter? If both shoot can each competitor shoot their own rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNENTHUSIAST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys,

Ok, there is a team of 2, but you said there is only one rifle required, so do both team members shoot or is 1 a spotter? If both shoot can each competitor shoot their own rifle? </div></div>

The specifics in the first post say EACH person will need a scoped rifle capable of 1moa or better.

Hope this clears it up, last year a team misunderstood and arrived with one scoped rifle and one aimpointed AR15 - which was far from ideal for them.

EDIT: After re-reading the post myself, I can see how you got the impression you did. It could be written slightly more clearly, but BOTH team members will EACH certainly need their own scoped 1moa (or better) rifle.

Hope to see you there!

Wayde: when can we expect to get entry confirmation/squad list?

Thanks for the reply!
PM Sent, I'll see you there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay I know everyone that has watched "Top Shot" has said "I can shoot better than him" well here's your chance. Chris Cerino placed 2nd on the first season of Top Shot and will be shooting this match.
So send me an email and get registered
</div></div>

and Tony Bequette host of gallery of guns

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Tony+Bequette+gallery+of+guns

I have a single shooter that would like to shoot this match. If any else is a without a partner and would like to shoot this match PM me and I'll get you together.
Thanks

Im so pumped for this match. Need to start shooting and training more.

I am soo wanting to get in on this deal!!! Wish I could see that far into the future!!!

Wondering how many spots are left?

Guys I have another shooter that needs a partner. PM me if interested

Sounds like there will be a good turnout for this.

Wayde, Has a prize table been established yet?

oh cool... i missed the date change... I think I can make that now. is it full yet, breeze?

The match is NOT full so send me an email.

As for the prize table I'll talk with Tom tonight and see where we are

Added a few sponsors... Still waiting to here back from a few, be sure to visit there site by clicking on the graphic in the first post.
Thanks

Tom or Breeze-

On the open range days, is the shooting strickly from the benches??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongCut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom or Breeze-

On the open range days, is the shooting strickly from the benches?? </div></div>

No you can also shoot from from 4 positions that we use in our regular matches.
Thanks