• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision Steel Match March 7th

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Be here at 10:00 A.M. sharp. If you need to chrono be here by 9:00 A.M.
You will need 40-60 rounds of ammo, a pack, lunch and something to drink.
We will be shooting the entire course and may have to walk it depending on the ground conditions. Cost is $30 for the day. This is a "Learning match" so don't sweet the competition part. Bring a spotting scope if you have one. As always bring a cooler if you want and any other supplys and we can transport then in the range vehical through out the course.

MAKE SURE BOLTS ARE OUT OF RIFLES......Please.

Thanks,
Tom Sarver
740-502-6530 (Questions)

Re: Thunder Valley Precision Steel Match March 7th

Wish I could make it but Im out on this one
frown.gif

Ill be there. Assuming I get the neck die Im waiting for to load...

Im thinking Ill come Friday morning again because Sundays weather isnt looking as nice as of now, and I want to get two days in. And this time I think it will be warm enough to camp!

Oh yeah, Aaron if you stop being a pussy Ill bring you a sandwich for Saturday

Flounder, subway is the other side of town.

How many places do you need to know on the east side?

some of them even deliver!

Hope I don't see any crows on the way down there.

TC

I plan on being there Saturday . I got a new gun to run. I may need to check the zero .

I'll be there. May be bringing a new shooting and sharing a rifle with him. He's a benchrest guy and doesn't have anything to get dirty.

Lets pray for good weather and light winds this time.

Tom, did you work things out with the loggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets pray for good weather and light winds this time.

Tom, did you work things out with the loggers? </div></div>

Loggers will get one warning shot.
smile.gif

Just saw there's gonna be a shoot on Saturday. My partner and I are going to try and make it there. Left him a message hopefully he gets back to me in a few.

Its official, I'll making the trip out. I'm looking forward to shooting and learning as much as possible. Hopefully, you all will share your knowledge of LR shooting.

And will someone PM me directions. I'll be coming from the east VIA route 22 from Steubenville.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See you all there.
Looks like the weather may be ok.
TC</div></div>

Except for the 35mph wind gusts forecasted for Saturday, at least it will be mid 60's

Damn you all.. Offers for free sandwhiches and I still cant make it. This sucks.

Glen, if you happen to see a crow, please do the honors for me. (F$c*ing Crows.. )

Flounder,
Don't remember saying "free", but know quite a few places to get a meal. Sandwiches, and "other " @ the new york deli. First place going into town.
Need to get new tags and check the regs.
Maybe take a pic of a crow for you over the weekend.

Jon,
PM sent.
May have a sample in 5/16"-24 for show and tell.

Is Rodent coming?

TC

wind south @ 17 right now for there.

Nice to see more new names.

This is the sport that made it possible for the videos you see.

Like they say, this is not a fluke.
It has been practiced!

TC

Sorry guys. My daughter has a competition and Saturdays are hard for me because the wife's school etc. I won't be able to do a Saturday until June at least.

Josh gave me an invite and I am trying to juggle the family schedule to make it!

I'm in the same boat I thought I was going to make it but it looks like the family has me tied up. I can make it to every Sunday shoot no problem just Saturdays are hard to get away.

Windy...later in the day we were having 35mph gusts. Steady 15mph most of the day though. Overall a great day though, perfect weather aside from the wind.

Great day at the range. I came with wet weather gear and was glad not to have to pull it out. We were able to shoot the entire course again. Had a few new shooters out. Wish I would have had more time to stick around after the shoot, but the wife was already upset as it was and I had already burned all my brownie points up on just getting to go.

Tom is talking about a suppressor/night shoot in April. Should be a lot of fun. We'll have to get the word out. I'm sure people would travel if they had enought warning to take off work/make travel arrangements.

I didn't take any pictures this time, but there should be a few in the upcoming posts.

Josh

Just got back.
Great time shooting yesterday!
Would be nice to know who had what wind meter, that I got pics of.
I've downloaded pics, and have a lot to go through.
Post as soon as I can, what would you guy's like to see first?

Nice shooting Jon!

Tom, thanks for another great shoot!
Glad the shoot was yesterday and not today.
Weather is less than perfect today.

Flounder,
Sorry you missed it, but I took over sandwich duty for you.

Glen

I agree with the Josh, it was a great day at the range....other than the wind, the conditions were perfect.

Thank you Tom for the range day and I'll be seeing more of you and your range!

My supressor won't be ready by April, but I'd like to still come for the night shoot. It will be interesting to watch all the shooter and steal some more of your knowledge.

Good shots Glenn. 3 and 5 are pretty sweet. Too bad the Yote never stopped running for Tom to try a 2000yd kill shot on it.

Thanks for a great day guys!

And thanks to Tom and Josh for helping out the FNG with his first attempt at LR shooting. Great first experience and will definitely try like hell to get out there again asap. Take care all and talk to you all soon.

And Josh--again, sorry about the "tobacco incident".

Tom,

Thanks again for the awesome day! Will definitely try and make it for more this year.

Curt

Great pics! What a great day. Wish I was closer and had some more free time. Should be a fun year. I'm hoping to make a few of these.

Josh

Any more pics out there? I left my camerain the car for fear of rain. Next time I'll put some videos up afterwards.

tom, what is the next date for a shoot?

Shooters,

March 22nd is the next steel match. A Sunday shoot is in order for those who have Saturdays set aside for kids sports and such.

Tom

Well, Im taking off work this friday to do some load development so hopefully I will have a new load to play with if I make it out. Im waiting on a damn powder shipment right now and I have a bad feeling that its gonna get canceled by midway. Others have said they have been getting calls saying their orders were canceled due to lack of powder availability.

Shooters,

I'm posting a new thread for the March 22nd match. I wanted to make sure we could do it before I posted it. Hopefully all who were here last can make it again. Great day of shooting.

Jon,
Your score of 67 is one of the highest we've ever had here on the steel course with a .308 especially with the high wind.
Now try to beat your score next time. There is a possible 160 points which you would have to hit 16 targets on the first shot!
Makes me want to build a .308 AGAIN! I hope I can shoot with you guys next match.

Thanks,
Tom

I can be there either day.
Brother was planning to make it a point for Saturday.(he can't do that Sunday)

He was already planning on Sat.
We may be down just to shoot!

Sorry the target pics are fuzzy...
Might have been the wind.

Glen

Hey Tom,

I'm in for Sunday the 22nd. I'll bring Abigail along.

RODENT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Jon,
Your score of 67 is one of the highest we've ever had here on the steel course with a .308 especially with the high wind.
Now try to beat your score next time. There is a possible 160 points which you would have to hit 16 targets on the first shot!
Makes me want to build a .308 AGAIN! I hope I can shoot with you guys next match.

</div></div>

Alright jonny boy.. Its on like donkey kong.. Your lucky I wasnt there.
smile.gif

I'll be back too. Sunday the 22nd! Looking forward to shooting again. Going out this Saturday, hopefully, I get my rifle zeroed in.

I am coming for the march 22nd shoot, I am also bringing a friend it will be his first trip to thunder valley. We will both bring 308's, can't wait!!! Is it still a 10 am start ?