• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

thunder vally precision range-ohio

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
for those of you that haven't tried this facility yet, tom sarver has a great long range tactical course of fire set up out past 1k. just shot it today for the first time. up/down angles, across valleys, every shot has a different wind condition [today it was gusting to 25 mph...]. it is a great challenge. then there is the 1 mile shot set up, i plan to work on that one tomorrow with my trg 42 with 300 grain sierra matchkings. this is the most fun i've had in a loooong time.

http://www.thundervalleyprecision.com/index.html

Re: thunder vally precision range-ohio

TVP is a great place to shoot!! Wonderful people to learn from and shoot with and the range is set up to challenge you on all stages.

I'll be heading there tomorrow also, I should get there around 11.

Every trip to TVP has helped me with my LR shooting and has given me an opportunity to meet new people with every visit.

Hope to get out there this summer after work slows for a while.
Are there open dates during the week to shoot the tactical couorse to 2000 yds.
Looking at building a 375 Cheytac need to sretch its legs
Bill

I went there last week for the first time,and learned alot.I met alot of knowledgable people,and learned quite a bit.It was a 3 hr. drive for me,and well worth it.I will be going back very soon for sure.

What's it cost to go shoot?

I have a friend in Columbus, it's worth the trip for me to visit him and take a weekend to go try my hand at longer ranges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's it cost to go shoot?

I have a friend in Columbus, it's worth the trip for me to visit him and take a weekend to go try my hand at longer ranges. </div></div>

I think Tom charges $25.00 per day, but not 100% on that.

He is a member here http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=12132 , or you can email him at [email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 260 shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the altitude there? </div></div>

http://maps.google.com/maps +40° 10' 37.21", -81° 42' 55.77" follow the link, then copy paste the coordinates in, then click on the terrain key in the upper right of the map.

900 to 1000

Going by google maps.

Scott

Not bad at all, the 50 yard POS range near me charges $5 an "hour" to shoot, which equates to about 35 minutes of actual time on bench.

I may have to take a ride out there and take a long weekend, I'll email him, thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not bad at all, the 50 yard POS range near me charges $5 an "hour" to shoot, which equates to about 35 minutes of actual time on bench.

I may have to take a ride out there and take a long weekend, I'll email him, thanks. </div></div>

Hotels are located in Camden, Ohio or Coshocton, Ohio if you are staying the weekend.

Me and the wife stayed here a few times, pricey but nice http://www.christopherhotels.com/coshocton/index.htm there is also a Super 8 across the river.

Scott

Bohem...you definitely won't regret the trip if you decide to come down for a visit.

I think he charges $30 or $35 for his matches, but I can't remember. For the experience you'll get and the people you'll meet by the end of the day, it won't matter what you paid.

The course is great and challenging and the benches are a great place to get dialed in on. You can shoot out to 1000 to a mile from the benches and further out on the course.

I try and make it out there a few times a month, once you visit and shoot there, you'll want to keep coming back. Hope to see you there!

Pete

its definately worth the trip. i drove 10-11 hours each way last weekend from alabama and spent 2 days there shooting, the tactical course fee was $30 and it was $25/day to shoot from the benches. there are steel plates at 300, 500, 600, 700, 900 yds & 1k and target stands @ 600 yds and 1k. [also a steel plate at 2000 yards] sadly the mirage was rough so we couldnt see my rounds hit near the 1 mile plate target [we saw my first round land a few feet to the left, after that they were invisible so i went back to the plates out to 1k]. it was great to be able to shoot my 338 lapua magnum out to 1k. i plan to go back some time in june.

This is all GREAT info guys, a close friend of mine is in Columbus for grad school and he has been looking for a good range. I told him about this place yesterday and he's definitely up for a weekend trip, it's only about 90 mins from him.

I'm really looking forward to going for a weekend sometime soon. I'm in the midst of refinishing my 30-06 right now, when it's done I will definitely be making a trip. With that rifle I doubt I'll even try a steel plate at a mile, but 1000y is something I am really looking forward to.

inalabama did check all that Sunday morning.

Best bet for new shooters, is to come to a steel shoot.

Course is made of little pieces of steel. not big paper targets.

Getting proper info is easier while bs'ing and watching.

Yes, it can get windy!

Is the steel range only open for certain times, or if I come on any weekend can I expect to be able to shoot steel, as long as it doesn't fall on a match weekend?

Bohem,

Just got your e-mail. Other than our scheduled paper matches the steel course is usually open for members to shoot. Cost per day here at TVP is $20 per day members and $25 for non-members. Steel matches are $30 for members and $35 for non-members. Next Tactical steel shoot is May 16th. May 8th -10th is a .50 cal match. May 17th SNIPER BABES WILL BE HERE for a photo shoot! I love my job! Oh, and you guys are welcome to come too! Check it out on SniperBabes.com

Tom Sarver
TVP

Thanks Tom, again, I appreciate your fast response.

I have to say, I'm more than a little jealous about your job... although, I'm certainly not disappointed with mine.

I am planning on bringing my daughter and shooting the match on the 6/20.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the steel range only open for certain times, or if I come on any weekend can I expect to be able to shoot steel, as long as it doesn't fall on a match weekend? </div></div>

Weekend matches are kinda depending on who wants to do what.
First weekend is paper.
The rest of the month is steel, with proper check in.
Big group may lead to long day, and training.
If you are that good, it will only take 16 rounds.
If not, you are limited to 48!

TC

Is the range open week days or only on weekends?

I am trying to find out the same thing , would hate to drive 500 miles to see that there is a closed range for a preset training or shoot.

I cannot wait to get there 2100 yds is a long way longer than my 338 lapua can go
Bill

Shooters,

As always the range is open by appointment Monday thru Friday 9 a.m. till dark.

Weekends are normally matches but not always. It's simple, just call ahead and we will pencil you in. I do alot of training and sometimes it's spur of the moment. Several shooters a week come here and practice and do LONGRANGE practice with my help if they want it. Our set up allows the shooter to stretch out his rig and fine tune his drop chart to the given condition. Best bet is to attend one of our Steel Shoots and get to know the place first hand.
Cost is $25 per shooter non members and $20 a day for members.
Steel shoot is $30 member and $35 non. Kids under 17 shoot for half price...and please bring them.

TVP