• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunderbeast Dimensions

NC_Libertarian

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2020
I am looking to figure out a suppressor/barrel/brake combo for a build I am planning, and I need to know some dimensions I have been unable to find so far. The TBAC site is a bit lacking in details, so I am hoping I can get some answers here.

1) The only dimensions listed on the TBAC site give the OD and the overall length. It appears that the Gen 2 Ultra CB 7/6.5 models have a step-down area where the brake is mounted. Can anyone tell me the diameter and length of this step?

1a) To continue above, do all Gen 2 models have this step? All of the Gen 2 pictures on the TBAC site have the step, while none of the Gen 1 models have a step. It is a bit confusing because multiple retailers appear to have outdated pictures of Gen 1 models (without step) attached to listings for Gen 2 models.

2) Also, what about this step on the DT models. Do they also have the identical step? Amazingly, I can't find that the TBAC webpage has a single picture of any Gen 2 DT model (or Gen 1 for that matter) anywhere on their site.

3) What are the length dimensions of the SR brakes? Overall length would be sufficient, but length added to barrel would be a nice bit of extra information.

Finally, a general note to the powers at TBAC:
Your products are fantastic, and you are probably so busy that you don't have time to deal with many things outside of manufacturing. But some more detailed information, specifically some basic dimensions and weights, would be a really nice thing for potential customers such as myself to be able to access when researching your products. That and making sure that your resellers have the correct, current product photos and specifics when listing your products could definitely limit some of the potential confusion.

The oal of the can includes the step on the g2. The dimensions you're seeing online is what it will add from your barrel shoulder to the end of the can, regardless if it's direct thread, cb, 338ba, or sr.

Yea they all have the step. The DT model is simply a CB can with the CB brake installed into it semi permanently. So when installed on the muzzle, both configurations would be exactly the same in dimensions and appearance. So the info on tbac site is correct. Youre right on some of the vendor pages though, some are still using gen 1 pics.

The oal of the can includes the step on the g2. The dimensions you're seeing online is what it will add from your barrel shoulder to the end of the can, regardless if it's direct thread, cb, 338ba, or sr.
I figured the OAL included the step. My question is what are the dimensions of the step? How long and what OD?

The rear diameter on Gen2's is 1.30" and the length of that minimum from the rear surface of the suppressor is 0.550" until it goes up to the normal main spec diameter. DT same.

SR brake are 2.670" long. Length added to to-spec muzzle threads with no washer would be 0.600" less, per the thread diagram.

Your products are fantastic, and you are probably so busy that you don't have time to deal with many things outside of manufacturing. But some more detailed information, specifically some basic dimensions and weights, would be a really nice thing for potential customers such as myself to be able to access when researching your products
We have all the fundamental dimensions and weights posted on the product pages. We also have more technical data online than any other silencer manufacturer. Another option is to call or email us if you need some technical data beyond what is normally requested by end users.