• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jeffd

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
Has anyone had any experience with Tier-One mounts from Great Britain? They look similar to a SPUHR and ERA-TAC but are a little less expensive.

https://tier-one.eu/pages/about-us

No experience, they look decent enough, nothing truly innovative in the ring department, but their bipods look interesting, especially the Carbon version. Doesn't appear that have any distribution in North America though which is probably why they've been pretty quiet within the community.

Reactions: Jeffd
I always fell in love with companies that a) trashed their competition as a matter of course and b) selected some sort of Megaforce/Counter Sniper/SEAL Special Secret Squirrel Group naming.

That said, I buy spuhr stuff for the shit I can do on top of mounting a scope, like run my Simrads and RMR on an 18" spr, not because of the mount itself.

The "Tier One" bipod seems like it could be a neat concept well executed. I'm not certain that "neat concept" and "good engineering" go together on it, because most of the carbon fiber bipods that have come went just as fast as soon as they hit the field and broke endlessly.

Reactions: Basher
Have a set of their 11mm dovetail rings. They were the only "premium" 11mm dovetail rings I could find. Very nicely machined = any of the quality US-based manufacturers I own (style and finish very similar to APA rings , which are one of my favorites). One unique feature, that I feel is indicative of their attention to detail: the base of the cross bolt head is cone shaped (rather than the normal flat machining) and interfaces with a cone-shaped hole in the ring base. Overall: very happy with them.

Another such thread: SH - Tier One Rings

Even their USA site has an overseas address, the question still remains whether they have a distributor in the US?
I looked high and low and could not find CONUS distribution, I asked here as well at the time. I finally just went ahead and ordered from them in GB. Transaction was really pleasant, shipping quick, even threw in a bunch of swag in the box.

I looked high and low and could not find CONUS distribution, I asked here as well at the time. I finally just went ahead and ordered from them in GB. Transaction was really pleasant, shipping quick, even threw in a bunch of swag in the box.
Thanks pl, that's good to know. Be nice if they did have distribution and warranty work here in the US, but it's not like sending a scope overseas; hopefully there wouldn't be much of an issue. Did customs require you to pay a fee for the import? It's hit and miss with customs in my experience, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Thanks pl, that's good to know. Be nice if they did have distribution and warranty work here in the US, but it's not like sending a scope overseas; hopefully there wouldn't be much of an issue. Did customs require you to pay a fee for the import? It's hit and miss with customs in my experience, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
Transaction was no different than a domestic purchase for me: I ordered, they shipped. There were no import fees on my end, if any were paid the vendor took care of them, with no added charge to me. As I said: it was a really clean transaction.
I should also point-out that the rings came packaged really nicely in a hard-plastic case with foam cut-out for each ring, and the correct size torx bit included (not that big a deal, I know... but I thought it a nice touch none the less).

Last edited:
I just ordered a one piece mount. Will report back when I receive and mount it. Gotta try something new.

Reactions: PusherX11
Received today and so far so good! They are high quality and packed great.
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 70
Has anyone had any experience with Tier-One mounts from Great Britain? They look similar to a SPUHR and ERA-TAC but are a little less expensive.
Yes - I installed one last week and am very pleased! Same league as Spuhr or ERA-TAC

I have used a Tier One Unimount for a few years now.... they are second to none IMO.
I love the titanium bolts, much harder than spuhr bolts, have taken the scope on and off probably 100 times and the bolts are still in A1 condition.

OK - I have shot 100 rounds with the rifle and the rings - No issues at all!

Yes - I installed one last week and am very pleased! Same league as Spuhr or ERA-TAC
Wait a minute did you just have a conversation with yourself haha.... jk.
Glad the tier one is awesome.

I’m eyeing the Hawkins mounts that are coming out similar to you I love trying new stuff

I’m eyeing the Hawkins mounts that are coming out similar to you I love trying new stuff
Yep - I am looking at that also!

I have used a Tier One Unimount for a few years now.... they are second to none IMO.
I love the titanium bolts, much harder than spuhr bolts, have taken the scope on and off probably 100 times and the bolts are still in A1 condition.

Tier one have recently upped their game. They are now in the same league as spuhr. The older models were not one piece mounts and were in fact three piece.

The new model is called the monolith mount or something.

I just don’t like the company name.

I always fell in love with companies that a) trashed their competition as a matter of course and b) selected some sort of Megaforce/Counter Sniper/SEAL Special Secret Squirrel Group naming.

That said, I buy spuhr stuff for the shit I can do on top of mounting a scope, like run my Simrads and RMR on an 18" spr, not because of the mount itself.

The "Tier One" bipod seems like it could be a neat concept well executed. I'm not certain that "neat concept" and "good engineering" go together on it, because most of the carbon fiber bipods that have come went just as fast as soon as they hit the field and broke endlessly.
I think you’re being too harsh, but you said Megaforce!
Hey man, when you’re ten there really doesn’t seem like a kewler hero than Ace Hunter. It’s one of those awesome childhood memories you should NOT revisit, because it’s only awesome in your recollection. The reality is devastating to your childhood memories.
I suspect Megaforce actually killed Osama and DevGru was the cover story...
91NVafOegTL._AA1500_.jpg

The hawkins unimount looks really well.
I like my anti cant at 11 oclock on those new hawkins rings design vs. 7 oclock on all spurhs.infact i got one spuhr 4011 for sell..saving for the new hawkins.i got few of their new individual designs rings and loving them
20180914_163718.jpg

Reactions: Fig
The hawkins unimount looks really well.
I like my anti cant at 11 oclock on those new hawkins rings design vs. 7 oclock on all spurhs.infact i got one spuhr 4011 for sell..saving for the new hawkins.i got few of their new individual designs rings and loving them
View attachment 6946964
Bjay are those the 1.0” height rings?

Tier-One makes high-end/premium components. I own their Tactical Bipod and love it. It's very light, machining is top-notch and is very functional.

I love tier one stuff. For those of you that hate the name because it’s too tacticool/mall ninja…well, it’s not the best name evar. But:

NIGHTFORCE MAKES YOU THE FORCE AT NIGHT.

If you want 16mm dovetail rings for a cz 527 they’ve got you covered (brits call the same dovetail 17mm; everyone measures the same dovetail differently). Love the built in bubble level. I own the 35mm and 34mm versions and they reek of quality. Tier one have stopped coloring in their etched logo with white paint, which may alleviate some of people’s brand name problems.

Harry, the US contact, is a nice chap.

I use Tier-One 20 moa rings on my Blaser R8 setups. They are in my opinion the company is indeed “Tier 1” in every way: Service, shipping, appearance, innovation and most importantly exact machining tolerances.

E87CDD42-93B5-49BE-A2D0-5712A36EFEC8.jpeg
30A61686-300D-471A-BD77-55262D15B574.jpeg

I still buy their products

The new evolution bipod is awesome

Attachments

• D7937BF8-6E97-4B63-ACB4-888EB50BA653.jpeg
    D7937BF8-6E97-4B63-ACB4-888EB50BA653.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 57
  • CE4D41BC-9DF8-4E1A-91B9-B6C0B7FFEC68.jpeg
    CE4D41BC-9DF8-4E1A-91B9-B6C0B7FFEC68.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 62