• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley 500 yd practice shoot

Thud

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2007
    Fort Worth, Texas
    We at S&S have asked TJ to have an F class type open fun shoot on June 20th. He said Yes. So if you are there at 8:00 - 9:00 am come join us. This is just practice time and shoot at 500 yds time.You can shoot in the dirt or bring your own bench as TJ only has a limited supply. Cost is $30.00 per shooter. Any questions please email me or we will see you there. Either let TJ or me know how many to expect at the range that day.
    Thanks, Lew

Re: Tiger Valley 500 yd practice shoot

The major purpose of the shoot is to get some trigger time at that yardage . If this proves successful TJ said we can hold more shoots at diffrent yardages. If you want a potshoot on that day we can have one also the possibilities are endless. The opptunity is there lets use it.

Come on down or up in your case. Please let TJ know how many in your group. So he can be prepared. Thanks, Lew

Yah i,m going, last time i had a chance to shoot @ eagles peak turned into a scuba lesson

Got ammo for both 308 and x47, AR @ 500 wit some 75amax might be fun
    x47 and AR maybe

be nice to see some of you guys again been along time

Damn i,m a tard
    Its Fathers day n wife has got plans for us

i,m OUT

Im also a tard...im on call at the hospital this week and weekend so no shooting or anything for me.

I will for sure go next time whenever that may be please PM me with any details. Thanks!

Wil, I would bring about 100 rounds as we will be seeing diffrent types of targets that TJ can offer and maybe even a pot shoot.

Pics are up!

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

They love dudes. Just sayin.

Looks like a good time, wish I couldve made it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They love dudes. Just sayin.

Looks like a good time, wish I couldve made it. </div></div>

You was there in spirit my friend, we talked shit about you
    wink.gif

Rick, Thanks for the pics. Yes a good time was had by both the Bench and the Dirt Guys. But need to talk to TJ about the wind,the bench guys had a hard time finding Zero. Hope to do it again soon. Again Thanks to TJ for allowing it and to all shooters. Lew

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick, Thanks for the pics. Yes a good time was had by both the Bench and the Dirt Guys. But need to talk to TJ about the wind,the bench guys had a hard time finding Zero. Hope to do it again soon. Again Thanks to TJ for allowing it and to all shooters. Lew </div></div>

Come on man! If not for the wind, what would the challenge be????
    wink.gif

Edit, or do you mean there wasn't enough wind???

There wasn't enough wind to seperate the men from the boys.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There wasn't enough wind to seperate the men from the boys..... </div></div>

They should have hung around for the mirage at 1000. LMAO! BTW, I went down and looked at the targets, most of them guys found their zeros. Lew, are those the targets to be used in September????? They are kinda big aren't they? Just jerkin your gerkin!!!!!hehehe. I hope to be able to attend.

I thought segregation was outlawed in 1968.
    Clearly two distinct races at the shoot.
    You can clearly see the better dressed and apparently better educated shooters on the front of the berm with their over priced benches, padded stools, and gas guzzling SUV's in the background.
    Then you have a rag tag group of shooters,with nothing more than towels to protect their heads from the sun, who lack funds to build benches, that have to lay on the ground to shoot. Life in just not fair.
    Just kiddin, don't start flamin.
    Wish I could have come, instead I drove to Shreveport to drop of parts to William Roscoe to turn into a new toy.
    We will make the match in Sept.
    See ya
    Mike C

Dram, I relay that to the guys that they found zero. In sept. we will probally use the trap and skeet targets as they break and will make scoring easier. It also gives instant feedback for a lot of shooters. Hope to see you all.

CC- We bench shooters are an older bunch and don't like the dirt or fire ants up our nuts. But the poor shooters shoot well on the ground and are way much younger and like the fireants on there nuts....

I admit to being a "dirt guy". No fireants in my pants, learned a lot today, and enjoyed meeting some of you.

Don't mind shooting in the wind either!

I had a FA MP5 in one hand and a FA Uzi in the other today, both surppressed, sorry I did'nt want to come play down there, looks like yall had fun too.

I like how the bench guys change targets from the pits. Instead of going down to the pits and lowering the targets the rich and real smart guys(bench rest) drove up to the berm and reached across to the raise target. Bets were being placed that one of those guys was going to fall the 8-10 feet to the bottom of the pits, but intelligence took over and someone realized the targets couldn't be reached.

Thud I do not know who the guy was but the guy that drove backwards from the berm to the 500 yard berm, brillant!

Plus you guys have to bring your own toilet paper-porta potties dont carry them at tiger valley.

Great time though enjoyed the hell out of it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    PICT0004.jpg

Jesus H Christ.
    There's 3 of a kind that beats a Full House...

grin.gif

</div></div>

Mega you are just jealous we didn't have you as the Joker or the queen of spades

Badd, Yea they finally figured it out before anyone got hurt. The backward driver is a flight instructor of corporate jets, go figure...
    TP i thought thats what shot up targets are for.
    Had I great time sorry I could shoot, as I said acute tendonitis isn't cute. Glad to meet you guys. See you soon.