• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tight bore barrels?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    What are the pros and cons of tight bore barrels?

Google = airsoft, couldn't find anything here either.

Thanks.
    -dan

Re: Tight bore barrels?

Thanks,

What would be an expected round count of a tight bore .308 with factory ammo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the pros and cons of tight bore barrels?

Google = airsoft, couldn't find anything here either.

Thanks.
    -dan </div></div>

I searched them once and had the same exact problem.

I hate airsoft because that is not the first time I googled a piece of gear, a gun, etc and came up with nothing but airsoft crap.

i had it explained to me that most bullets get polished (tumbled) before they leave the factory so if the bullet die is set up to make a .308dia bullet when the bullet gets polished it loses .0005-.001 in diameter. so the tight bore barrel just give you a tighter seal with the majority of bullets. Just don't go to tight krieger offers three groove sizes and when i ordered mine i ordered the .3075groove

I have an older 308 tight bore ,7 groove from when Brux was first starting out. I'd buy 5 just like it if they still made them. This barrel shoots.

Anyone know of an expected round count of a .308 WIN tight bore barrel?

Thanks.
    -dan

Alot, probably no less than an average 308. so 7500-10k.
    Depends on what you call barrel life, if you don't set the barrel back you probably arent gonna be able to touch the lands after 5k, but if everything is sqare that shouldnt matter TOO much. And yes I have my "308 barrel life" flamesuit on