• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics TigIr 6M clipon thermal - Trade added

Travis224

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2010
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Bought this from "theHorta" here earlier this year. It's a great thermal, I love the footprint of this thing, the fact it's very light and has so many color palates and really good image. I just honestly keep grabbing my Voodoo S (which I also bought from TheHorta). I don't know much else about this unit but he might be able to chime in here.

Asking 9k for this unit. Please note, this is the 6M, not the 6Z model. This is super well built and while I'm not sure about current inventory, I don't believe there are that many floating around...anywhere.

Trade I'm interested in, Nvision Halo 35x specifically..this is a great way to get into the clipon market without running proprietary batteries.

Attachments

• PXL_20221228_040600681.jpg
    PXL_20221228_040600681.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 244
  • PXL_20221228_040611581.jpg
    PXL_20221228_040611581.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 241
  • PXL_20221228_040806700.jpg
    PXL_20221228_040806700.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Probably a dumb question, but how is it not the 6M when it says 6M right on the side?

LOL - yes he had one of the very, very few M models. I think the difference is the addition of a stand alone reticle in the M. The one for sale is a rare one.

Reactions: TheHorta
M. For military. The Z is for the hunters in Germany. The normal civi is not allowed to have a thermal. Z has no standalone reticle.

Thats my understanding...

M. For military. The Z is for the hunters in Germany. The normal civi is not allowed to have a thermal. Z has no standalone reticle.

Thats my understanding...
You’re right, I misread the specs

1. the TigIR-6Z+ has a thread to which the Rusan adapter or a plug-in eyepiece can be screwed directly. Thus, it can also be used as a handheld instrument.
2. it does not have its own reticle, so it can only be used as an attachment or handheld device.

In terms of picture quality, thermal and pixel resolution as well as frame rate (60Hz), both models are equally good.

I enjoy my Z. Have it on a pic rail but did buy an adapter for the 50mm Zeiss Victory. Wish they made one for my hubble, lol.

I wish I could verify, Horta is the only one I know who had both, he claimed the M was better...I cannot confirm or deny. I can say that I can see a 8" plate at 350yds and ring it repeatedly off a tripod. Maybe it can be done with either. I just run the Voodoo S I bought from Horta more often, so this sits. A stand alone Halo 35x would be nice for the fiance's rig when we go out hunting.

No idea but for a clip on its really a lightweight. No problems hitting the 300 meter plate with mine as well.

The Horta knows his stuff. I defer to his experience.

Reactions: Travis224
Sorry, just spotted this, so I’ll chime in…

The M has a different eyepiece and reticles (as has already been mentioned). The M gets “special” attention from Andres and is collimated out of the factory. I’ve had both the Z and M, and the M does seem to perform better, but there seems to be some good and some not so good Z’s out there, so it could be random. The two Z’s I compared my M to didn’t have the same image quality.

The only “downside” with the M is that it is not compatible with the standalone Andres magnifier because it has a collimated eyepiece.

I’m almost tempted to buy it back at $8K. AFAIK, this is the ONLY TigIR-6M in civilian hands… in the world.