• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 14X1 thread to....for my can

Pappasniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
I just received my Tikka Tx3 .223 varmint and just realized I have a 14X1 thread on the barrel. I have a Sig 556 DT can I would like to use or I just got a Nomad 30's I could use. What adapter do I need and is there a best adapter to use?

Funny, the Nomad fits but seems a bit off? Anybody shed some light. My first Tikka threaded gun..damn.

PB

The gun did increase velocity vs my 20inch Rem700 5R, and we shot some sub mao groups, all without a bipod and we had another buddy distracting our efforts substantially. But I have a feeling it will shoot great with a pet hand load.

Gun is all up and running for some great shooting now, I still need to throw a NF scope on it but this Steiner will have to due while I put together a couple pennies. Next week should prove a very solid learning experience.

PB

You very rarely ever see a Tikka T3x with a factory threaded barrel sold in the U.S. that's not 5/8x24.
35 second mark in this video:

Reactions: Pappasniper
It was 5/8X24 threading. I was mixed because I spun on a brand new Nomad 30 and it seemed to fall halfway on then it felt off, kinda sticky like thread pitch was off. It was just a new can and threads on gun were kinda sloppy and can stiff.

But it butts to shoulders solid. Special Needs PB project.

PB

Reactions: JGR1953