• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 20" Tactical

finnwerke757

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
virginia
I have a Tikka 20" on the way to me, any suggestions on any upgrades to this rifle? Im looking to hunt and punch some paper but not on compettion level. Looking for optic suggestions and any rifle changes that anyone has used.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Tikka 20" Tactical

If it is the threaded barrel call Richard Near at Near Manufacturing for a brake. I have one on my trg and its the best you can buy, he also may have a base for your rifle and he makes the nicest rings going.

Tikka Tactical 20" in .223
RCS stock(Pete Lincoln on SH $950), also Manners and Richardson stocks, but no AICS mags
AICS mag(Adam Bauer on SH $40
Near, Sako ,Roedale - expensive or EGW -$80 brake,
Richard Near-expensive or EGW-$40 base,
Near( big fan), Badger,Seekins etc rings
Australian bolt shroud(www.southernxtactical.net.au $85
Fortis bolt (Fortis on SH)
Versa Pod bipod

IMG_6795.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

abersfelderami,

Very cool rifles you got there!

After some recent experiences at the SHOT show....Cycling
every action I could get my hands on I've come to the conclusion that the Tikka's have the smoothest bolt out there for the money!The SAKO TRG-22 was a tiny bit smoother but pricey.My Rem 700/PTG bolt's feel is very disappointing in comparison.

I don't know weather to get a TRG-22 or build a custom Tikka.

Do you by chance have a list of aftermarket parts for Tikka's you could share other than the ones you used on your rifles?

Steve

abersfelderami,
Very nice setups. Makes me want to get mine done asap so I can get out and shoot it. I noticed you didnt put in a custom trigger. Any reason for that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">abersfelderami,
Very nice setups. Makes me want to get mine done asap so I can get out and shoot it. I noticed you didnt put in a custom trigger. Any reason for that?

</div></div>

The best part of the rifle is... the trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">abersfelderami,

Very cool rifles you got there!

After some recent experiences at the SHOT show....Cycling
every action I could get my hands on I've come to the conclusion that the Tikka's have the smoothest bolt out there for the money!The SAKO TRG-22 was a tiny bit smoother but pricey.My Rem 700/PTG bolt's feel is very disappointing in comparison.

Do you by chance have a list of aftermarket parts for Tikka's you could share other than the ones you used on your rifles?

Steve</div></div>

Thanks Steve, but you have to decide on your own. I love my Trg 22.

IMG_6002.jpg

Having owned a TRG-22 and a Tikka Tactical (mine was the 24" model) in .308 and shooting them side by side. The Tikka had the edge on accuracy.

The TRG was a solid 1/2 moa rifle but the Tikka would shoot consistently under 1/2 moa. Both using factory match ammo.

Below are some five shot groups shot at 100 yards with the Tikka and the last two pics are five shots at 300 yards with the Tikka in 10-15mph winds.

Take care,Stan

[

Are the RCS stocks drop-ins or bedding required/recommended?

I'm looking for a T3 action or well used (cheap) sporter rifle if anyone knows where one can be found. (243,260,7-08,308,338Federal action)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">abersfelderami,
</div></div>

IMG_6805-2.jpg

Base SS Tikka $600
Match barrel + installation $600
Stock $500
20 moa base $50
Brake & installation $150

Total w/o optics & rings (you may choose better) $1900

To me this is a great bargain and gives you the option of spending the extra on accessories, glass or ammo. But I enjoy the process of putting together the package as opposed to buying something off the shelf. The extra money may make the TRG worth it to you for that reason. The TRG also has better DBM and by the time I change that out (2 companies are working on it for the Tikka, probably another $275-350) we're almost into TRG territory.

John