• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 595 Master Sporter Magazine Options

virulosity

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2008
I have a Master Sporter in 7mm-08. I hardly shoot it since I only have one 5 round mag for it. Are there any options for using 10 round Tikka or AI magazines? I am fine with buying a chassis if I have to, but the stock furniture is nice too. Should I just sell and buy a different rifle? Thanks

i have a master sporter as well. Nice rifle. I just sent mine out to get a new barrel. Brand new 7mm-08 magazines are still available for that rifle from several sources. The 7mm-08 magazine model number is S584037 per the Beretta website (Calibers: 243 Win, 7mm-08 Rem, 308 Win).

Beretta still sells magazines for that rifle:

They are also available here: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/S584037

Last edited:
That is a very nice rig, you should hold onto it. I have one in .223 I use as my trainer. I had it rebarreled to 1:8. The stock magazines were a PITA to deal with, hard to load, low capacity. I had the bottom metal changed out to accept Accurate Mags. Now I have 10 round capacity with cheap, easily available mags. Any competent smith should be able to do it. I think the BM was made by CDI.

i just tried to look up CDI but it looks like the proprietor has passed away. Wonder if anyone else makes bottom metal for the rifle?

thanks....tried their websites to no avail but perhaps they might have one left over? i'll try to contact them

I have a Master Sporter in 7mm-08. I hardly shoot it since I only have one 5 round mag for it. Are there any options for using 10 round Tikka or AI magazines? I am fine with buying a chassis if I have to, but the stock furniture is nice too. Should I just sell and buy a different rifle? Thanks

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
No one will make bottom metal for the n595, the market is what, 25 people or so? Maybe out of plastic for a 3d printer as someone's passion project, but not to just sell and make money off of.

Midwest (linked above) and gunbroker are a good source for the m595 magazines