• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 6.5 Creedmore

Clydesmag

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2023
Ontario Canada
Hello, I have a question about my new to me Tikka T3X Tact A1 in 6.5 CRMR. It has a Stainless 24" with a 1.25" (28mm)
Muzzle diameter. This is not the factory barrel ? Could it be a varmint barrel ? Thanks you.

Attachments

• Barrel.jpg
    Barrel.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 53
It's an aftermarket barrel. Could be varmint, could be predator, could be whatever you're gonna hunt with it.

If I had to guess, it has no taper and is a straight 1.25...

What are you trying to find out?

Seems like you already know it's 24", you already know it's stainless, you know it's aftermarket, you know it's muzzle diameter, sooo....

What are you trying to find out?

Seems like you already know it's 24", you already know it's stainless, you know it's aftermarket, you know it's muzzle diameter, sooo....
I was asking if it was aftermarket "This is not the factory barrel ? Could it be a varmint barrel ?"
I did not see this configuration on tikkas website, although I saw a stainless barrel on the Varmint.
So... stello1001 confirmed aftermarket question.
***Is there a way to determine manufacturer? Is it a quality barrel? Is it as good as a Tikka barrel?

I was asking if it was aftermarket "This is not the factory barrel ? Could it be a varmint barrel ?"
I did not see this configuration on tikkas website, although I saw a stainless barrel on the Varmint.
So... stello1001 confirmed aftermarket question.
***Is there a way to determine manufacturer? Is it a quality barrel? Is it as good as a Tikka barrel?

You might know the manufacturer if you take it off. But who cares about the manufacturer. Just go shoot it. If it shoots good, which I would assume it does, then that's the important thing. I bet you haven't shot it, have you shot it yet?

You might know the manufacturer if you take it off. But who cares about the manufacturer. Just go shoot it. If it shoots good, which I would assume it does, then that's the important thing. I bet you haven't shot it, have you shot it yet?
thanks, not yet, just received it. Waiting for optics to arrive then the shooting will begin. Just had barrel questions. Have a good night.

My guess is varmint. Looks like the one on my LRPV, as well as the description ( no taper, heavy, SS ). Bet it`ll shoot great. Good luck!

That's not a factory barrel, varmints start at 1.13" and taper down after the cylinder and have a 22mm (.866") muzzle diameter. I have an SS Varmint 6.5CM 24" T3X sitting here and it measures .869" at the muzzle.

Your best bet to figure out what barrel is on it will be through whoever you bought it from if there's no gunsmith markings. Other than that it's a mystery, there's no way you're going to track down the maker of the blank otherwise. Even if there's gunsmith markings who knows what blank they used unless you contact them and they recorded it with the rifles SN when it was installed.