• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Action Pitting?

Corp. Punishment

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
I was cleaning my Tikka today and noticed some serious pitting inside the action. This gun has only had around 500 rounds through it.

Is the pitting going to effect accuracy? Should I send it to the factory? What should I do?
frown.gif

P7010026.jpg

P7010032.jpg

Thanks

Re: Tikka Action Pitting?

don't remember seeing that in my Tikka T3.

i havent seen that before on a tikka,it shouldnt do anything against you accuracy but if it makes you feel itchy inside i would call beretta and demand a warranty they will probrably tell you it is cosmetic and the rifle is sound (most likely is but consult a smith)and you can continue using it as normal but like i said if it makes you feel all itchy inside hold your ground with a warranty replacement, just a forewarning everytime i have spoken to beretta about tikka the person on the other line puts on the i dont give a shit/i hate my job hat so be prepaired.

just to be safe you should call them anyways it could be a small bad batch that may or may not have a recall on that isnt worth thier time to advertise for you just never know.

what did the bolt look like?
it looks like it was fired 500 times in the rain and never cleaned.
I wouldn't be happy with it. Ive not seen another Tikka like that.
Ive seen plenty of Mauser 98's that where buried )as an alternative to giving them up to occupying forces,) looking like that, but never a Tikka..

Pete

The bolt looked fine, everything was fine I cleaned after every range trip, I think somthing went wrong at the factory. I'll give them a call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ares</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems to me, like he had sand in action </div></div>

Really? I live in the middle of a desert and when we get those sand storms, or when it gets quite windy during a shooting session, I have shit load of fine sand particles and god knows whatever else in all my guns and none of them look like that.