• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka build

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2008
This is still a work in progress but it's coming together nicely.

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

I'm impressed with the Premier light tactical, only gripe is that it did not come with a manual and the turrets are a tad too easy to turn but overall it's a fine package.

Range report to come once it gets back from the smith.

Rath

Re: Tikka build

I have heard great things about Tikkas but never had the chance to shoot one. Looks like you got a nice one there. Also can't go wrong with Premier.

Hi Mate, it's a Tikka Varmint in .308. It's going in for surgery soon to be bedded, cerakoted and to have the barrel shopped to 20" (currently 23.6) and a RAD brake fitted.

Rath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard great things about Tikkas but never had the chance to shoot one. Looks like you got a nice one there. Also can't go wrong with Premier. </div></div>

If you get a chance to handle one, work the bolt on it. They are amazingly smooth. I'm going to be building a Tikka soon too. Right now they are my favorite action (that I can afford!)

I Looooooove my T3, stands well apart from the plethora of 700's and Savage's kicking around, it's something different and it's a good shooter to boot.

It's a nice looking gun and I'm looking forward to the range report. I'm looking at getting either a tikka t3 or a tc Icon.

I have an older Tikka model 658 in 300 Win Mag (thin tube hunting rifle) that shoots .5 MOA with various loads. Great rifles for the price with the smoothest actions available.