• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka chassis that utilizes OEM mags and will take a Proof Sendero barrel?

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I’m looking to put together a switch barrel hunting rifle and have settled on Tikka because it’s the only great option to run both LA magnum rounds and SA standard rounds due to their mag system. I’m hitting a dead end on chassis options though. I had pretty much settled on a Manners with their mini chassis that accommodates the OEM bottom metal but they only have one option for a stock and their site says the largest barrel it will take is a #4, so I’m back to the drawing board and coming up empty handed.

Is there anything out there? The requirements are a chassis system of sorts, not a bedded stock, that works with the OEM T3X bottom metal, OEM Tikka (non CTR) mags, and will accommodate a Proof Sendero.

I’m assuming the LA version of the HNT26 uses AICS mags?

I’m doing a version of this but found it easier to stick with the short action bravo for versatility. I figure a 300wsm or similar is all I’ll ever need for a switch barrel. For now I have a 223 and 308 bolt with a magnum that I’ll have to find in the future. Swaps are super easy with a strap wrench, so I can shoot everything in one range trip and leave it set up for whatever hunt or event I may have planned.
    Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 8.15.14 AM.png

Last edited:

Because it’s what I want.

I’m doing a version of this but found it easier to stick with the short action bravo for versatility. I figure a 300wsm or similar is all I’ll ever need for a switch barrel. For now I have a 223 and 308 bolt with a magnum that I’ll have to find in the future. Swaps are super easy with a strap wrench, so I can shoot everything in one range trip and leave it set up for whatever hunt or event I may have planned.View attachment 8093768

If I wanted to run only SA in a KRG I’d just get lighter barrels for the Impact I have coming that’s going in a KRG XRAY with enclosed forend.

Reactions: echamp8
    Manners is making me an eh1 right now with t3 bottom metal cut and proof sendero inlet

Reactions: Bakwa
    Manners is making me an eh1 right now with t3 bottom metal cut and proof sendero inlet

Their website stock builder says Bartlein #4 is the max but I’m definitely seeing them with proof Sendero inlets. I also searched and found a few with adjustable cheek pieces too and the site also doesn’t list that option either.

I’m gonna call them Monday and see if they can do a CS2 Tikka mini chassis.

Reactions: lash
    He says in the post he wants a switch barrel with long action and standard. Tikka bottom metal is one of the best options for that as you just swap mags for different lengths.

Most aftermarket tikka chassis are short action only

Exactly, no other good way to do it. Aside from a blaser which I don’t want, the only other way to do it is with a 700 style LA and I’ve already been down that road. SA cartridges run like absolute dog shit out of AICS LA mags.

Reactions: Rex_Allen
    Their website stock builder says Bartlein #4 is the max but I’m definitely seeing them with proof Sendero inlets. I also searched and found a few with adjustable cheek pieces too and the site also doesn’t list that option either.

I’m gonna call them Monday and see if they can do a CS2 Tikka mini chassis.
    yeah the builder lags for sure, I would call. I had to call to order mine. Eh1tk mini chassis t3 bottom metal proof sendero inlet, they had no qualms

I know you can get the ultralight LRH style adjustable cheek but idk about the full kmw hardware

I’m looking to put together a switch barrel hunting rifle and have settled on Tikka because it’s the only great option to run both LA magnum rounds and SA standard rounds due to their mag system. I’m hitting a dead end on chassis options though. I had pretty much settled on a Manners with their mini chassis that accommodates the OEM bottom metal but they only have one option for a stock and their site says the largest barrel it will take is a #4, so I’m back to the drawing board and coming up empty handed.

Manners ays it takes up to m24, will take hunting bottom metal and will also take CTR bottom metal. In theory, this should work also then with t1X bottom metal, since its the hunting footprint.

You should also be able to use AICS via a normal tikka footprint AICS bottom metal. This would let you get the MDT long CAOL tikka mags in there.
    • This stock features a high tang area that matches the profile of the Tikka.
    • The area under the action is designed for a perfect fit for either the factory hunting detach mag or the factory CTR detach system in all factory offered cartridges.
    • The average weight of this stock is 27-28 ounces depending on inlet and options.
    • Barrel profile up-to a M24/7
    • 100% carbon fiber shell and is available with all finish options
    • Stock is also available with the optional adjustable lightweight spacer cheek ( right or left hand )
    • This stock can be ordered with a standard inlet or with the new MCS-BDLTK mini chassis

Last edited:
    Reactions: redneckbmxer24
    Doesn't have a chassis.
    I have never bedded anything with pillars installed. Completely unnecessary. Grayboe stocks have pillars installed. I have had several of those, manners, mcmillans and the like and never bedded any of them. I think bedding stocks is gunsmith gravy just like truing actions.

You can open that barrel channel if the Manners stock with the mini chassis you found in a matter of minutes on your own. Do what everybody does including me, sand paper and sockets. Considering you need it wide open and not trying to follow the contour of a barrel makes it even easier and quicker.

Reactions: YotaEer
    I have never bedded anything with pillars installed. Completely unnecessary. Grayboe stocks have pillars installed. I have had several of those, manners, mcmillans and the like and never bedded any of them.

Pillars are nowhere near as rigid as a chassis nor is POI as consistent when removing and reinstalling the action. Stocks with pillars benefit hugely from being bedded and I'm not interested in a bedded stock, I'm also not interested in anything but a chassis.

Pillars are nowhere near as rigid as a chassis nor is POI as consistent when removing and reinstalling the action. Stocks with pillars benefit hugely from being bedded and I'm not interested in a bedded stock, I'm also not interested in anything but a chassis.
    Slight POI changes I agree can happen if removing the action. Benefiting hugely is a no. Either way, i was adding to my post when you quoted me. Check it out.

I doubt a chassis that takes tikka plastic mags exist. A light one that does for hunting would be nice.

Slight POI changes I agree can happen if removing the action.

And that's exactly why I'm only interested in a chassis. If you're satisfied with pillars in stocks, cool, but I've had stocks that way and I'm not and its not repeatable enough for what I'm looking to do.

What LA magnum are you planning on running? Tikka “long” action length is not going to be great for much outside of like lighter bullet/factory 7mag, 300wm, etc. regardless of what bottom metal you’re running. I think you have to run the 3.560” mags and you’re limited to even shorter OAL (3.4” stands out in my head but don’t quote me on that) because of the action itself.

If you’re talking something like WSM, 6.5/7PRC, or similar then I could see it making more sense.

Also, I’m assuming your plan would be to switch bottom metals with barrels? That’s the only way you’re going to be able to reliably feed standard SA cartridges and LA mag cartridges in the same action. Also assuming you’re just going to keep the LA bolt stop even with running SA cartridges, otherwise you’re going to be swapping that out every time too.

And that's exactly why I'm only interested in a chassis. If you're satisfied with pillars in stocks, cool, but I've had stocks that way and I'm not and its not repeatable enough for what I'm looking to do.
    I didn’t figure you would be removing the action to change barrels 🤷🏿‍♂️. Your only option will be that mini chassis stock. Open the barrel channel if you have to. It will take you 10 minutes.

What LA magnum are you planning on running? Tikka “long” action length is not going to be great for much outside of like lighter bullet/factory 7mag, 300wm, etc. regardless of what bottom metal you’re running. I think you have to run the 3.560” mags and you’re limited to even shorter OAL (3.4” stands out in my head but don’t quote me on that) because of the action itself.

If you’re talking something like WSM, 6.5/7PRC, or similar then I could see it making more sense.

Also, I’m assuming your plan would be to switch bottom metals with barrels? That’s the only way you’re going to be able to reliably feed standard SA cartridges and LA mag cartridges in the same action. Also assuming you’re just going to keep the LA bolt stop even with running SA cartridges, otherwise you’re going to be swapping that out every time too.

Mag length is a non issue for what I'm doing. On Tikkas the bottom metal is the same, the mags are different. You just swap mags appropriate for the different chamberings. There's no reason to swap bottom metals.

Call manners. They will cut the barrel channel bigger.
    Iv got a couple tikka eh1 that are cut for bartlein m24 and MTU. They said they would even cut it 1.2” straight if I wanted.

I don’t think there is currently a better option than a manners eh1 with the factory mag bottom metal mini chassis for a hunting rifle on a tikka platform.

Get it cut like a chassis with a big barrel contour and not worry about clearance in the future

Mag length is a non issue for what I'm doing. On Tikkas the bottom metal is the same, the mags are different. You just swap mags appropriate for the different chamberings. There's no reason to swap bottom metals.

Missed where you’re running OEM mags. Carry on.

Call manners. They will cut the barrel channel bigger.
    Iv got a couple tikka eh1 that are cut for bartlein m24 and MTU. They said they would even cut it 1.2” straight if I wanted.

I don’t think there is currently a better option than a manners eh1 with the factory mag bottom metal mini chassis for a hunting rifle on a tikka platform.

Get it cut like a chassis with a big barrel contour and not worry about clearance in the future

Yeah I’m going to call them tomorrow. Their website confused me because the stock builder page for the EH1 says it will accommodate up to a #4.

I didn't read it all, I'd guess most if not all chassis's will take a sendero profile. But the only one that will take factory mags are the bravo, most stocks probably have that option. A dowel and some sand paper will make the channel to fit any barrel. If I was going to do this I'd have different bottom metals for AICS mags as well. Remember, the Tikka isn't a true long action.

That I’m aware of the manners mini chassis is the only one. Bravo doesn’t take the OEM mags, if it did I’d just run one of those.

While manners calls it a mini chassis, I have a tikka in one, I wouldn't call it a chassis system. I'd call it a stock with a nice bottom metal. :) Bravo can be had with CTR mags, aren't those from the factory?

So the answer is no, there isn't a chassis....... Does Manners make the mini chassis for oem mags, never saw that as an option? My manners is SA AICS. I have a german gun stock and a mesa stock that I can swap bottom metal for SA or LA with factory mags. But I don't use those anymore, I have Waters mags that work great, better than AICS with bottom metal that uses the MDT LA tikka mags. I have Waters bottom metal for the MDT mags and Red Snake for LA AICS.

• Haha
    LOL and this is why I rarely ask anything on here. Between the people who can’t read, and have nothing constructive to add or can’t answer your questions but feel the need to say something anyway, half of the responses are fucking retarded.

Thank you to those who read the post, answered my question, and confirmed that I can actually get what I want from Manners despite what the website says.

LOL and this is why I rarely ask anything on here. Between the people who can’t read, and have nothing constructive to add or can’t answer your questions but feel the need to say something anyway, half of the responses are fucking retarded.

Thank you to those who read the post, answered my question, and confirmed that I can actually get what I want from Manners despite what the website says.

Is really a chassis like most think of when you say chassis or a bedding block/bottom metal epoxied in a stock? German Gun stock does the same thing, so that's two places you can get what you want. The Manners website DOES say you can get what you want, just read it myself. :). You should look in the mirror Mr. Kettle.

Is really a chassis like most think of when you say chassis or a bedding block/bottom metal epoxied in a stock? German Gun stock does the same thing, so that's two places you can get what you want. The Manners website DOES say you can get what you want, just read it myself. :). You should look in the mirror Mr. Kettle.

Is there anything out there? The requirements are a chassis system of sorts, not a bedded stock, that works with the OEM T3X bottom metal, OEM Tikka (non CTR) mags, and will accommodate a Proof Sendero.

I’m assuming the LA version of the HNT26 uses AICS mags?

I said to go back and read the original post and you’re still retarded when it comes to reading comprehension. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing captain obvious.

A better way to state what you're looking for is you want a chassis that will accept the single stack factory lite mags and will fit a sender contour. Not ctr. Not aics. These.
    master1_100931254_main.jpeg

A better way to state what you're looking for is you want a chassis that will accept the single stack factory lite mags and will fit a sender contour. Not ctr. Not aics. These.
    View attachment 8095091

I did, you’re just retarded. I shouldn’t need to draw a fucking picture, reading isn’t hard.

I did, you’re just retarded. I shouldn’t need to draw a fucking picture, reading isn’t hard.
    I understood what you're saying the first time. I am just trying to say how to maybe write it better for everybody else to not get as confused. Call it the lite mag. Call it the lite bottom metal. No confusion with the CTR then.

This quote is very useful especially when dealing with the hide.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design (write) something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

I understood what you're saying the first time. I am just trying to say how to maybe write it better for everybody else to not get as confused. Call it the lite mag. Call it the lite bottom metal. No confusion with the CTR then.

This quote is very useful especially when dealing with the hide.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design (write) something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

So it’s a lite mag even though the hunter, laminated, varmint, super varmint, and a bunch of other models use it? No it’s the standard fucking Tikka mag system and I even clarified NON CTR… the only other mag system they make.

Any body with an IQ out of the single digits can figure that out.

I swear I lose more faith in the human population by the day.

Reactions: wind gypsy
    I’m putting together a Tikka right now in 7prc, I chose a Element magnesium chassis that takes the MDT 3.560 AICS mags. You can get this magazine for magnum cartridges or .30-06 based cartridges. While not ideal for short action rounds the mdt mags are a “short” long action length a may feed fine. The HNT 26 uses the same mags.

Last edited:
    I’m putting together a Tikka right now in 7prc, I chose a Element magnesium chassis that takes the MDT 3.560 AICS mags. You can get this magazine for magnum cartridges or .30-06 based cartridges. While not ideal for short action rounds the mdt mags are a “short” long action length a may feed fine. The HNT 26 uses the same mags.

He's going to rant at you too. :). He's as bad as Death before dismount with his replies. He's got two choices, Manners and German Gun Stock. Though neither are what people think of when someone says they want a chassis for their rifle. But we're all wrong, and it doesn't matter that there are options that feed better than the factory mags because that's what he wants to use. He already had his mind made up, no reason to post about it.

He's going to rant at you too. :). He's as bad as Death before dismount with his replies. He's got two choices, Manners and German Gun Stock. Though neither are what people think of when someone says they want a chassis for their rifle. But we're all wrong, and it doesn't matter that there are options that feed better than the factory mags because that's what he wants to use. He already had his mind made up, no reason to post about it.

you are shitting up the thread with useless play by play

Just curious as to why you would be removing the action so often from a switch barrel? Seems like that would defeat some of the purpose, no?

You must live a sad little life to be so desperate for people to need to hear what you have to say, when you have nothing constructive to add to a conversation. For the third time though, if you had actually read my original post you might understand some things, but you’re too fucking stupid.

Welcome to my ignore list retard.

Just curious as to why you would be removing the action so often from a switch barrel? Seems like that would defeat some of the purpose, no?

Easier to get thin barrels in a vise by grabbing the breach. I also like grabbing CF barrels by the breach.

Ah, I like doing mine without needing a vise, but that makes sense.

Just between my legs, I can get probably 30ft lbs on it and it’s super repeatable. I pretty well stole the idea from @reubenski on here, and it fits my needs well.

Last edited:
    That’s pretty legit but I just looked and don’t see any US dealer options. Also at that price I’d be well over $2K into it by time I got one imported, assuming I actually could.
    Not sure about dealers, shoot them an email and see? They're a little pricey but a quality bit of gear.

You may want to check out Woox. They are heavy bastards but look good. A chassis and factory mags, but it looks like you may have to special order a Proof Sendero channel. I've eyed them for a while, just too heavy for my uses.

wooxstore.com

"TIKKA T3-T3X-T1X
    • Magazine DM – T3 Detachable Magazine (single stacked)
    • Bottom Metal T3 bottom metal (not T3x CTR bottom metal)
    • Supported Barrel Standard / Semi-Heavy / Varmint • Others? chat with us!
    • Calibers Accepted .223 Rem / .243 Win / .260 Rem / 6.5mm Creedmoor / 6.5PRC / 30-06 Sprg / .308 Win / 300 WSM / .270 Win / 300 Win Mag / 22 LR and 17 HMR

Others Notes • Due to the variations in after-market products, WOOX cannot guarantee that clones, custom or over-sized parts will be 100% compatible. For any doubts, please contact us or chat with us. • Our handles and rear stocks are ambidextrous, but the bolt leverage window is only on the right."