• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka CTR 260Rem Magazine length question

beetroot

Old Salt
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Hi all,
Wanting to hear from folk with a Tikka CTR in 260Rem whether they are able to seat long bullets into the lands of the rifling whilst still feeding from the magazine?
I understand that the Creedmoor can still fit in the magazine and have the bullet seated out, but I haven't heard whether the 260 fits or not.

I'd like to get a CTR and use the factory CTR/TRG magazines and as I already have reloading gear and Lapua brass for the 260, it makes more sense to stick with it than to buy a Creedmoor.

Cheers.

I'm using aics mags in a krg chassis now, but if i remember correctly, i could get my 139 scenars to the lands and still mag feed from the factory CTR mags.

I'm using aics mags in a krg chassis now, but if i remember correctly, i could get my 139 scenars to the lands and still mag feed from the factory CTR mags.

Cheers, are you using the same reloads?
As I understand it the CTR/TRG magazine is longer than .308 AICS mags.

I haven't measured the aics mags, (I'm using accurate mags) but there is/was room in both to get to the lands.

The .308 aics metal mags without the binder plate and the ctr are roughly 2.95

I have a 260 rem T3 CTR and I’m loading 136 grain lapua scenar l (GB546) 0,005 inch of the rifles. It fits into the magazine just fine.

I have a 260 rem T3 CTR and I’m loading 136 grain lapua scenar l (GB546) 0,005 inch of the rifles. It fits into the magazine just fine.

Cheers.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I don't need to worry about magazine length. Which is great, means I can stick with 260 rather than having to jump on the Creedmoor band wagon.