• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka CTR + Cadex VS Tac A1

Alex V

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2012
Im really torn here guys. My original plan was to get a T3x CTR this summer. I already have a Steiner Military 4-16 waiting for it, mount, level. A Yo-Dave trigger spring and new bolt handle on order. The idea was to set it up and learn how to use a bolt gun since this will be my first one. In the fall I would order a Cadex competition chassis and have a really nice bolt gun. Now, with the Tac A1 being available readily I don't know if I am still making the right choice. On paper, the Tac A1 will be cheaper and give me the same performance. Having said that, the Tac A1 comes with 2 mags and you get another in the mail once you register. I was going to save a few bucks and get the non folding Cadex chassis as well so now the Tac A1 will have the upper hand in that department. Other than cheaper mags, is there anything else that that CTR+Cadex will give me that the Tac A1 won't?

Tac A1 would be roughly $1,700 and the CTR/Cadex combo would be $2,350 give or take. $630 buys a lot of ammo...

Which would you choose, and why? I am at a loss.

If it were me, I would buy the TAC A1 and use the remaining funds on ammo learning to shoot it and doing some local matches. Unless you can get behind a tac a1 then a CTR in the chassis you want (and find something you dont like) buy the TAC A1 and dont look back. And, like you said... Two extra mags. My CTR only has one...

You'll be just fine with the tac A1. The tikka mags are coming down in price (I've got 3 on backorder through Euro optic for $70 each). Not to mention, the tikka mags are better than AI mags. It's a win, either route u take but you won't be wasting any money by going the tac a1 route (wasted stock from the ctr). now, if you already had a CTR, I would say buy the cadex or a MPA chassis instead of buying a whole other rifle in the tac A1. You'll love either one.

IMG_1100_zpsaqzx4dxd.jpg

If I had your budget, I'd forget the Cadex and Tikka and pick up this .308 in the classifieds.

No affiliation with the seller, but I'd take a Roscoe .308 over either of your choices, and it's within your budget.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...16-la-precision-roscoe-built-308-2500-shipped

why so much money? you should be able to pick up a CTR for $1000-1100. not sure how much the cadex is, but the MPA is like $850 ish. Then you can use AICS mags. sell your factory CTR stock, DBM, mag for $150-175 and you are right there. with one of the best chassis out there

why so much money? you should be able to pick up a CTR for $1000-1100. not sure how much the cadex is, but the MPA is like $850 ish. Then you can use AICS mags. sell your factory CTR stock, DBM, mag for $150-175 and you are right there. with one of the best chassis out there

CTR can be had for $920, the Chassis would be $1400.

The Tac A1 also comes with a factory two stage trigger whereas the CTR comes with a factory single stage trigger, but on the flip side Timney is suppose to be coming out with a trigger for the Tikka early next year.

I just got one of the T3X TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor. So far I like everything about it except that the folded butt stock clanked against the side of the chassis. a small piece of felt took care of that quickly.
I have not shot it yet but tried some of my loaded ammo thru the mags and they are very slick. As stated above, probably better than the AICS mags. I have applied for the 3rd mag (online) and, to my amazement, got a very quick response from Beretta to let me know it was received. No code to get the mag yet and they said take as long as six weeks to get the code..