• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka CTR Caliber Change

Frank670

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2021
US
Hey guys,
Just wanted to get some confirmation on this. I currently have a T3X CTR in 6.5 creedmor but I am looking to convert it into a .308
Can I just buy a .308 barrel and sit that into the current action? Or would this require more steps than just that?
Thank you any advice is much appreciated.

If you're a bit lucky it will bolt on with no further complications.

Check headspace to be sure.

Yes, you just need the barrel and a headspace gauge. Your bolt is the correct size for this swap and the magazines you have for 6.5cm will work for .308.

@jonsc has just the barrel for you my man. Unscrew what you have on and put this one in it’s place. A few minutes with a dremel and it will fit your factory stock. Throw your barrel in the exchange for $125 and recoup some cash.

That could be an issue with any action.
The OP ask about swapping barrels in a CTR in the current configuration (read CTR stock and CTR MAGS).

Where you guys getting a CTR mags?

Will a MDT Br mag fit a CTR action?

The OP ask about swapping barrels in a CTR in the current configuration (read CTR stock and CTR MAGS).

Where you guys getting a CTR mags?

Will a MDT Br mag fit a CTR action?

The BR question wasn't the OP, that being said it should work with a chassis or with bottom metal that takes AICS mags

Reactions: nrspence