• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka CTR in KRG bravo or Tikka UPR??

omt223

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2022
Alabama
Should I go with a CTR and order a KRG bravo or just buy a UPR off of a member here?
Both 20" both 308

Bravo will give you way more options for mounting arca rails, bipods, sling configurations etc.

You'll end up with one anyways once the bug bites

I've never used the UPR so I can't say one is better than the other

But I can confirm the Bravo is a very very good choice if you don't mind it being light weight

I'm a fan of the bravo as well. I'm more comfortable shooting it than I am with my manners and mcmillan stocks.

I've tried a mdt oryx and have a KRG bravo. No experience with the UPR. I'm buying another bravo for my tikka 300 wsm after Christmas. The bravo is 2.9 pounds I believe.

I have two Bravo stocks, I generally like them, but I upgraded one rifle to the Magpul Pro 700 and am much happier for it.
For ME, I find that the lower recoil rifles are fine in the Bravo (22 nosler build), but once I started going up in recoil, I just didn't like the stock as much (.308 and 7-08, both heavy barrel, suppressed). Both of those rifles now wear the Pro 700.
Again, this is personal preference, it is a very good product.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I have two Bravo stocks, I generally like them, but I upgraded one rifle to the Magpul Pro 700 and am much happier for it.
For ME, I find that the lower recoil rifles are fine in the Bravo (22 nosler build), but once I started going up in recoil, I just didn't like the stock as much (.308 and 7-08, both heavy barrel, suppressed). Both of those rifles now wear the Pro 700.
Again, this is personal preference, it is a very good product.
What do you like about the Pro 700 that makes it better for rifles with more recoil?

The CTR / Bravo combo is the "Easy Button" for this stuff.
You can go either way with CTR or AICS Magazines with the Bravo.
I knew that I was going to be changing things around and went AICS ( that was all that was offered at the time I purchased mine ) but 3 more chassis and I have one set of mags that fit all of those rifles.

For a hunting rifle I like the UPR. Its light with good ergos. Can't go wrong with Bravo though for accessories and price alone

Reactions: Bravo6
CTR and X-ray for me. I don’t care for how bulky the Bravo grip is, but to each their own.

I know the OP has made their choice, but for others who will stumble on this thread, I had the chance to look at a UPR stock when they first came out.

Personally, it felt more flimsy to me than the Bravo. I also recall the gun store employee (who is knowledgeable, and a skilled competitor) pointing out some kind of issue about the construction. I now can't recall the details, but it might have been something about the weld/seam in the moulding - not sure. Whatever it was, it was obvious when he pointed it out, and enough for me to immediately go CTR/Bravo - and no, they weren't available through him, so he wasn't pushing me into a different sale.

I have CTR 308 in bravo. Uses ctr mags. In my opinion having owned many platforms of firearms the ctr/bravo is the $$ saving way which approaches what my AI AT is. The Tikka action with the ctr mags in that bravo feed very smooth. Better than any AICS combo I own.

This decision more or less just comes down to the stock preference. I’d personally go bravo for the ability to modify as much as you desire. I run full length Arca and spigot mount on mine. With krg the accessories are basically endless. Mine is primarily a hunting rifle for deer

crazy noone has used or vouched for the UPR. I like mine.

PRO7.jpg

Used it in 4 NRL hunter matches this year shooting factory class. my finishes were 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 7th. Those are overall rankings not just for factory class.

Its almost on the heavy side but with the MDT lightweight double pull, xtr pro 5-30 and fat bastard, its 11.8 lbs.

I am a big fan of its sturdiness and was able to find a full length arca rail for it.

GL
DT

View attachment 8028583

Used it in 4 NRL hunter matches this year shooting factory class. my finishes were 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 7th. Those are overall rankings not just for factory class.

Its almost on the heavy side but with the MDT lightweight double pull, xtr pro 5-30 and fat bastard, its 11.8 lbs.

I am a big fan of its sturdiness and was able to find a full length arca rail for it.

GL
DT

I just ordered a UPR in 308. I’m looking forward to it.

I’ll share that I like the UPR stock better than the Bravo. Sure the Bravo is nice but it’s more of a chassis vs a hunting stock. The UPR is light and crazy stiff.

Reactions: Bravo6 and D_TROS
I’ll share that I like the UPR stock better than the Bravo. Sure the Bravo is nice but it’s more of a chassis vs a hunting stock. The UPR is light and crazy stiff.
Are UPR stocks, stock for the Tikka rifle? I actually like the way they look. Can't find any place to buy one.

Reactions: General RE LEE

View attachment 8028583

GL
DT
Very nice. Where can I find that rail?

I have a 6.5cm CTR in a KRG XRay, Mk5 5-25, Atlas BT10… latest range report: 3-4” group at 1000yds. I’m good with that. Maybe doesn’t have the velocity of a longer barrel, but the accuracy for the price is every bit as good as the Tik-Tac.

I have a 6.5cm CTR in a KRG XRay, Mk5 5-25, Atlas BT10… latest range report: 3-4” group at 1000yds. I’m good with that. Maybe doesn’t have the velocity of a longer barrel, but the accuracy for the price is every bit as good as the Tik-Tac.
Approaching world record groups in BR there!!!

Reactions: 1911Shootist

View attachment 8028583

GL
DT
What Arca rail are you using on it?

Very nice. Where can I find that rail?

What Arca rail are you using on it?

I believe it is an area 419 10" rail but I dont remember. I can check tonight iir. Most any arca rail will work and if you have to cut a hole it super easy.

I cut some inside grooves to put that lightweight bipod on but ended up not using it. just went straight MDT lightweight double pull to make weight with.

GL
DT

Reactions: climbing1
I believe it is an area 419 10" rail but I dont remember. I can check tonight iir. Most any arca rail will work and if you have to cut a hole it super easy.

I cut some inside grooves to put that lightweight bipod on but ended up not using it. just went straight MDT lightweight double pull to make weight with.

GL
DT
Thanks, D_TROS. I ended up running an area 419. It was pretty easy to install.

Reactions: D_TROS
I know you already made a decision, but the Bravo wins if for no other reason than sheer versatility.