• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTB: Tikka CTR/Varmint .223 AGAIN

just browsing

overkill is underrated
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    Looking for a factory 24” CTR .223. May consider Varmint, Super Varmint, or even Tactical rifles as well. Not currently interested in “builds” or other calibers… just want a straight factory Tikka .223.

UPDATE: Tikka/Bud’s sent me the 223 Super Varmint with a MAGNUM bolt. I would really like to find another one while they try to sort this BS out so I can tell them to pound sand. HBO!

Thanks!

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheBigCountry

Reactions: just browsing
    Thanks, I talked to him. Still hoping a factory CTR .223 pops up but may end up going that route.

Last edited:
    Here's a Super Varmint in stock

You could sell the stock in about 2.8 nanoseconds and replace it with a CTR stock and 10 round magazines. Heck, I'd but the stock off you!

-Stooxie
    Rare bird. Don’t see this often. Don’t even need to get it threaded and you get the two stage trigger.

Reactions: Stooxie
    So long story short, Bud’s/Tikka sent me the 223 Super Varmint with a fucking MAGNUM bolt. Fortunately, I found it before going through with the transfer and now Berretta is involved trying to figure out what the hell happened.

That being said, I’m not going to be happy if they just offer to replace the bolt with a mismatched 223 bolt (tikkas are serialized to match with receiver), and I’m hoping I can find something else in the meantime. CTR, Varmint, or Tactical 223.

What an absolute headache.

54EA02A6-E860-4689-B32E-AFA54F7A585F.jpeg

• Wow
    Reactions: lou400a
    So long story short, Bud’s/Tikka sent me the 223 Super Varmint with a fucking MAGNUM bolt. Fortunately, I found it before going through with the transfer and now Berretta is involved trying to figure out what the hell happened.

That being said, I’m not going to be happy if they just offer to replace the bolt with a mismatched 223 bolt (tikkas are serialized to match with receiver), and I’m hoping I can find something else in the meantime. CTR, Varmint, or Tactical 223.

View attachment 8065124

I'm still waiting on mine from Buds, that's not cool!

Reactions: just browsing

View attachment 8065124

That was a good catch. There’s one on GB.

View attachment 8065124

Any update on getting your bolt swapped?

Any update on getting your bolt swapped?
    Took the refund and bought the one that Pwdrburner had for sale here. Tikka/Bud’s didn’t want to take responsibility for it… they wanted my FFL to send it back to fuckin Finland to get looked at. They wouldn’t send a bolt because numbers wouldn’t have matched and wouldn’t send a new rifle without seeing the one that came with the mag bolt. Wasn’t worth my time so I bailed.

Reactions: Joeydias3