• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka ELR Long Action Stocks

brentwinkey

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2012
St.Cloud Minnesota
I'm looking to dabble in elr shooting(personally shot to a mile with my 6.5creed so far). I got a good deal on a Tikka long action mag bolt face rifle. I was thinking of doing a fast twist 300win mag or possibly something 7mm. I was wondering what's our there for Tikka stocks/chassis running aics 300wm long action mag. I have several KRG bravos in my short action prs guns. I like stocks more then chassis. So far I've only found a few options. Orxy and mdt are a couple I've considered. Any input would be great. Thanks

Last edited:
i ran a Manners T4a on my 300wm , but beware that the Tikka action can only accommodate 3.520" overall .
so unless you plan on single feeding , the magazine will be useless since you cant use the full 3.700"

i ran a Manners T4a on my 300wm , but beware that the Tikka action can only accommodate 3.520" overall .
so unless you plan on single feeding , the magazine will be useless since you cant use the full 3.700"
I guess single feeding isnt the end of the world. Could I ask what bottom metal you where running? Maybe I'll look in to 300wsm? Thanks Brent

I guess single feeding isnt the end of the world. Could I ask what bottom metal you where running? Maybe I'll look in to 300wsm? Thanks Brent
I ran a CDI precision , overall the rifle was flawless but couldn't load long .

Wsm is the way to go in tikka IMO
P1030584-1_zpsruyjbfio.jpg

Our long action Tikka chassis systems use our 3.560" magazine so you can run up to 3.460" COAL. We set up West Desert Shooter with a Tikka LA ESS, and he shooting 7MM SAUM, and it works great! Our ESS might be something to consider.

Anyone on here clearance the trigger housing and the feed area on the Tikka action to get a longer coal? Mountain tactical says you can load up to 3.600 in there bottom metal setup. Thanks Brent

Last edited:
Somebody here notched the feed ramp to allow for longer coal. they just cut a notch with a dremel if I remember correctly. I got tired of not being able to find a decent chassis for my 300WM, so I'm having it rebarreled to 300WSM and keeping the long mags to allow for loading long. We're a small percentage of the shooters, so companies won't build anything useful. They expect us to limit our length and use their proprietary mags.

Reactions: brentwinkey