• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Tikka Firing Pin spring

CSS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
Central, AL
Back several months ago I had CDI inlet my stock/mod. action and install one of the oversized bolt handles he carries.
I have shot it since, but have had very little time to do much.
Finally got my Manners T4A in and got back to the range.

I immediately noticed lite primer marks/strikes. I don't remember this from before and can't find any old brass to compare them.
So, where can I get a firing pin spring and how the hell do you get to it?????????? I looked at brownells and then googled it. Only found complete assemblies.
I do know how to get the shroud off, but can not figure out the rest of it.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Tikka Firing Pin spring

Watch the vids... rest *should* be self explanatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6A-1cbAnRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOhwoVzJ9no&feature=related

As far as the spring, contact the importer, Beretta. If it is like my experience, it will cost $400. It seems like every part for the Tikka from Beretta is $400.
mad.gif

John

It *might* be sufficient to clean and lightly lube the f/p spring. It might be dirty and hanging. If not...

John

I plan to get it apart tomorrow and see if something might dragging inside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As far as the spring, contact the importer, Beretta. If it is like my experience, it will cost $400. It seems like every part for the Tikka from Beretta is $400.
mad.gif

John </div></div>

I have seen that too. For fun I used all the parts I could find in Brownells to "build" a T3. Minus the action it was over $2300. I still wonder why Beretta is doing their best to kill a good thing.