• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka flat metal retention spring

IDbound

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
Central Kansas
Someone suggested that if I could not find one of thee little flat factory springs that I make one out of a hose clamp. Has anyone tried this or some other idea that you could share with me?

You need one? You’re talking about the little 90 degree piece off the trigger for the factory mag right?

I have a spare I could part with, I’d need to verify when I get home in 2 days though.

Wow that would be great!. I can't seem to upload a picture but there is one in the Tikka T3 Thread, page 66, post #3259.

Last edited:
This thing?
EC8A4816-5C01-457A-BF94-BF6C00779DAA.jpeg

Springs out of hose clamps? I've tried it but couldn't get it to work very well. When you don't know the material that you're using oh, it becomes very difficult to find the right heat treat / temper. At best we can hope for a backup piece.

Making Springs is really an art form. Out of the dozens of times I've tried it, I think I had two that actually functioned acceptable... Not good, but acceptable. Maybe find an old gunsmith that knows how to make them, maybe a knife maker? I tried looking for decent instructions / video... Haven't found anything decent yet.