• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka HNT26 7PRC help

Chukwithak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2022
California
Before I begin this build, I’m looking at building a Tikka 7mm Mag into a 7PRC.
The direction I’m looking is a MDT HNT26 Chassis, Proof 7PRC barrel.

The information I can seem to find is on the HNT26, the best bottom medal/magazine combination for 7PRC. Anyone have any experience with this they can relay? Appreciate it.

No the Tikka LA chassis uses their specific LA mags for that chassis and Tikka only. If you read the product page it tells you exactly what mags you need.

Reactions: Chukwithak

Those are what you need in the 3.580. You’ll most likely have to bend the feed lips some since they’re designed for 300WM that has a very different case taper so get a feed lip tool as well if you don’t have one.
I had the same question for mdt ( if I use the 3.560 mag for my Tikka 7rem mag, can I still use it if I rebarrel to 7 PRC) and they told me yes you jusy would need to modify the feed lips

I have the long action element tikka chassis that uses the same 3.580 magazines as the HNT26.
The mag length is ideal for 7prc which is what mine is chambered in. I’m sure you will be happy with the HNT

Reactions: tacoman69