• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Firearms Tikka in MDT chassis long range hunter 28 Nosler SPF

ddavis

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2011
Texas
I built this because I've always dreamed of going elk hunting but it looks like that probably isn't going to be happening anytime in the next few years. It's a Tikka T3 in an MDT chassis with one of their long action Tikka 5 rd mags. Shilen lightweight barrel. Luth stock. Rifle is painted with Krylon which you could easily remove and I also have another pair of skins for the MDT. I think the painted ones are tan and the extras are green. The bolt and mag body have been done with GunKote. It's a really slick smooth bolt.

The rifle puts 3 rounds into half an inch. It slings 180 Hybrids at 3100 fps. About 200 slow fired rounds, never more than 5 before letting it cool down.

I'll be keeping the pictured optic and TBAC brake.

I have quite a bit of reloading stuff for it including dies, brass and some bullets that I can also sell for a good deal. I'll have to compile a list of everything I've got for it. I won't sell the reloading stuff separately unless the rifle has already sold and the buyer didn't need it.

Asking $850 shipped for rifle with one mag. I really hate to get rid of this thing because it's a hammer, but I just don't have a use for it anymore.

Thanks,
-Dan

Last edited:
Pics

Attachments

• Tikka.jpg
    Tikka.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 222
  • TIkka 2.jpg
    TIkka 2.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 215
Damn if I had the money this would be my first tikka. Curious what the total weight of the rifle is?

Making me feel stupid, haha. I knew I was forgetting something. Threaded 5/8x24. Pretty much the smallest barrel profile you are going to get with a 5/8x24 thread. 24.5" barrel measured from bolt face. I'm 99% sure it's standard 9.5 twist.

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_203734442.jpg
    IMG_20191105_203734442.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 64
Great deal on this setup.