• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka m695 bolt release help?? (replacement)

BigBlastin300win

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2013
Boise, ID
Well today is a very sad day for me. I broke my bolt release on my tikka m695 and well I cannot find one and it seems like they might be discontinued. If anyone knows someone who has one or where to get one please let me know. I just talked to a manufacturer who said all these models should have the same bolt release/stop. Tikka 558, 590, 595, 658 and 690.

Long story short i got on an elk way up in the mountains and on the second shot my gun jammed. I had already hit the elk but he was running away. So all i could think was mortar the gun to try and get the shell out so I could get another shot. After i composed myself real fast i grabbed my knife and tried to get the shell out which i finally did. At that point the bolt fell to the ground as well. I hurried and searched back and fourth but realized finding it in the sage and rocks was a waste of time. I hurried and put another shell in and chased after the elk killing it a couple minutes later. Super bummed because this is my favorite hunting rifle and have been shooting it since i was 14. (Yes, I know it was very stupid to mortar the rifle)

Looks like a discontinued part that will be hard to find. Might check with Lumney if they could help. Or your local smith may have a pile of cannibalized parts.

Yeah i looked high and low for a while and even called beretta who really wasn't much help at all. I took it to a gunsmith and they are going to machine one for me hopefully it all works out! Thanks for the info I will check lumney thank you!

Wonder if you could make a T3 one work with some fitting?

Maybe try using a cheap factory one, then if it work, getting a more solid aftermarket one and fit it.