• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka magnum in tac a1 chassis?

andrewstclair

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2024
Vancouver
odd question but i am curious if i can take a t3x tac a1 chassis and put a 7mm rem mag t3x action and barrel into it without any issues?

The action itself will fit fine, but the A1 chassis will only take short action CTR mags. I guess you could probably get a single shot follower or something that would work if you didn’t care about round capacity, but otherwise the mag inlet/length would be your main constraint.

Well that solves that thank you. Any suggestions for a similar chassis that will accept a tikka 7mm rem action and appropriate magazines?

I think KRG is cooking something up for tikka LA’s. XLR as well.

Have put together a few magnums using the T3 TacA1

Opened bolt face to .535 (Which is simple and the tikka bolt design has the extractor in the same position for standard nd magnum bolt face)

Builds have included 7SAUM and 7wsm which both fed from CTR mag

You can do that, or buy a .535 bolt body and swap the internals. Also, those are short mags, you’re not putting a 7 rem mag in a ctr magazine. Single feed would work just fine.

How available are mag bolt bodies?

Edit*
Nevermind, I just looked. Definitely don't choose Tikka as a switch barrel platform.

LRI we’re making Tikka replacement bolts I understand
SmartSelect_20240410_094536_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Redmist