• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka/Manners mini chassis question

WeiserBucks

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Weiser , Idaho
    Got my first Manners mini chassis Tikka stock and the recoil lug is a separate floating piece from the mini chassis and the fit is slightly sloppy. Should I epoxy the lug in place to prevent potential movement or should I just screw it together and quit being a retard?

• Haha
    Reactions: spife7980
    I would bed the lug into the stock. Or, shoot it and see how it shoots and looking for galling/wear on the recoil lug and/or action after 1-200 rounds. That's my one bitch with Tikkas, the recoil lug. It's not necessarily bad in of itself, but it's another tolerance to stack. Just make sure you align it in the receiver and not the stock if you decide to bed it in.
    Have you called Manners and asked their recommendation?

dab of superglue on the lug

then bed the lug into the chassis

ez to get lug off action by hitting it with a mallet.

Called Manners this morning and they said absolutely bed the recoil lug into the mini chassis. That answers my question and maybe help someone else who reads this.

Which version of the Tikka mini chassis did you get? Was it in the eh1tk stock?

Was it the new standard t3 bottom metal mini chassis?

Could you do me a huge solid? I cant find the lop anywhere on their new setup, manners couldn't tell me on the phone, and I am trying to spec one out now to order.

Could you measure the lop from the bottom of the buttstock shouler pad to the trigger? And please tell me what you ordered on the shoulder pad? Ie, 1 inch pachmyer, etc..., or other, and did you get the lop spacer system on your stock?

Manners lists the EH-1 as a max of 14.1" with the 1" pad.

That number is my assumption also, but they made a new mold for the eh1tk so I am in a "trust but verify" situation and hoping for confirmation before I commit to the specs of a build. I really just dont want to hope for the best on a 1000 dollar component.

I appreciate the heads up. Thanks anyway! Did you end up bedding the recoil lug? If so how did it work out? Honestly I was a little disappointed to hear your experience. I hoped it would be a super solid fit

That number is my assumption also, but they made a new mold for the eh1tk so I am in a "trust but verify" situation and hoping for confirmation before I commit to the specs of a build. I really just dont want to hope for the best on a 1000 dollar component.
    Manners told me anything above 14.1" would necessitate the adjustable LOP kit... I have a longer LOP, so didn't ask them to verify the 14.1", however.

Manners was pretty awesome though, answered any questions I had throughout the buying process. If you tell them what LOP you want, I'm fairly certain they will tell you how they can make it happen.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Raffy
    I appreciate the heads up. Thanks anyway! Did you end up bedding the recoil lug? If so how did it work out? Honestly I was a little disappointed to hear your experience. I hoped it would be a super solid fit
    I did bed the lug and it worked great. Manners EH1 is what I use on everything, the stock had nothing to do with selling the rifle.

Reactions: Raffy
    Manners told me anything above 14.1" would necessitate the adjustable LOP kit... I have a longer LOP, so didn't ask them to verify the 14.1", however.

Manners was pretty awesome though, answered any questions I had throughout the buying process. If you tell them what LOP you want, I'm fairly certain they will tell you how they can make it happen.
    I ordered an eh1tk couple weeks ago and they did ask what lop I wanted.

Reactions: R_Swanson
    I ordered an eh1tk couple weeks ago and they did ask what lop I wanted.
    Glad it worked out. I just hope mine gets here by June/July, if not I might have to make a contingency plan, lol.

Called Manners this morning and they said absolutely bed the recoil lug into the mini chassis. That answers my question and maybe help someone else who reads this.
    For what its worth - Manners told me the opposite. To quote: "That lug is in there loose by design".

Seems like we have conflicting info, which is never fun.

I was told the same thing. Mine shoots great though and its loose/not bedded.

Mine is also not bedded. Shoots great. Thats why i went with the mini chassis. I just wanted to drop in and go.

Good to hear - I was going to follow their directions regardless - but I'm glad they are telling you guys the same thing.

I have not bedded my lug in the chassis. I did replace the smaller lug with a lug from mountain tactical - less room for slop imo. The trick is just seating the lug before torquing the action screws - not hard.

Currently waiting for my next eh1tk w/ mini chassis.

What do all of your EH1-TK's with mini chassis weigh?

I got it with extended LOP, non rotating cups and 2 extra t nuts for an ARCA rail - but it weighs in at 42 oz. I was expecting more like 35/36 oz (even with my additions).

38oz. It’s bare bones with just to swivel studs in the front, one in the rear.

I was told the same thing. Mine shoots great though and its loose/not bedded.
    Same here, they told me don't bed. Seemed odd to me because its got some clearance but seems to shoot ok. If it was anything more than a 223 I still think I'd bed it myself. going to roll with it like it is for awhile though and see how it goes.