• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka or Winchester for 7 PRC

Bakwa

Prophetic Marksman
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 22, 2017
    FL
    I have the ability to get a new Tikka T3X donor rifle for $600 or a 90's Win Mod 70 push feed donor rifle for $700.
    Which one would you get and re-barrel for a custom 7 PRC rifle, and why?

My Tikka 7PRC works well. If you want to load the ammo long you’ll run out of magazine space. Tikkas have off the shelf 7PRC barrels if you’re ok with carbon fiber. Tikkas have tons of aftermarket support.

Reactions: Bakwa
    Why push feed M70? The Tikka would be easier I think. Although I would spend the extra time to find a classic CRF action and send it to LRI to be trued. Look for a 5 or 6 digit serial number if possible.

Why push feed M70? The Tikka would be easier I think. Although I would spend the extra time to find a classic CRF action and send it to LRI to be trued. Look for a 5 or 6 digit serial number if possible.
    Push feed because it's what I have access to. I'm not sure I could find a good condition CRF for $700.

I’d say fuck both of those things and buy an Origin LA for a few hundred more and have a way better action, a huge prefit selection, and all the aftermarket support of the 700 platform.
    if you're not married to a platform now and not looking to build an ultra light mountain rifle, the 700 LA Clones are as good a place as any to start.
    Let me know where the Tikka is and I'll buy it to make your decision easier...

• Haha
    Reactions: Bakwa