• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka parts

No experience personally with Lumley, but I have the Hinterland bold shroud and knob on my T3 Varmint .308, and have been very happy with both.

they are the best machined ive seen. the only thing is the shroud takes a spring to keep it from rattling. i had to cut the spring down because it made the bolt hard to close. im a little afraid the spring may bind at an inopportune time. other than that, it is perfect.

they are the best machined ive seen. the only thing is the shroud takes a spring to keep it from rattling. i had to cut the spring down because it made the bolt hard to close. im a little afraid the spring may bind at an inopportune time. other than that, it is perfect.
+1 to that, although my spring is fine.

Are you referring to the Lumley? When you first attached the Lumley shroud it changed the performance of the bolt? I was planning on buying one of these when my stock shroud breaks. Wondering if there's anything to consider. I thought it was a simple cosmetic attachment that didn't affect anything.

I really don't want the Hinterland one. I don't like the look.

Nice bit of kit. I left the spring out after it stiffened up the bolt. Bolt knob is good too but i removed it as it was fouling on my hand making it hard to shoot on my roedale pistol grip skin chassis. Ended up putting a Sterk swept ball bolt handle Fantastic!

People get cracked plastic factory shrouds easily - can be from gas pressure blowing back, can be from physical force (dropping/bumping). The handle is more of a personal preference thing, same with Remingtons that people change the knob on - personal preference.

I bought bolt shroud, bolt handle and muzzle brake from Hinterland. They lasted about 3 weeks on my gun before I went back to stock. The angle on the back of the bolt handle is not the same as the stock one and required more force to cycle. The machining on the shroud was just half assed. 2 years later and over 3000 rounds, factory still works perfect. I now have two Tikka T3's, never seen or even heard of the stock bolt shroud cracking except for hearsay on here.

I have the Sterk titanium pineapple bolt handle and shroud and couldn't be happier. Fantastic quality which tops off one of the better standard factory actions out there.