• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka prefits from PVA?

I’d double whatever they quote, maybe triple it. I believe mine was quoted at 6-8 weeks. It came in 7 months. Cancel after 24 hours and they charge $200. I just checked a few of their barrels and it doesn’t even mention the lead times anymore. I’m going elsewhere from now on. I’ll gladly pay $200 more for an equally qualified gunsmith to deliver in an acceptable amount of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dooby and nrspence
I reached out to StraightJacket about shouldered prefits for Tikkas. They said it is coming soon. Now, that could be 3 months from now or sometime time in 2022... who knows. I’m going to hit up a few more and see if anything is in the works

I’m not in a rush, but hoping this starts taking off with others. My current barrel took 6 months to get spun on.

Reactions: Dooby
I believe proof research has steel and carbon fiber prefits.

I believe proof research has steel and carbon fiber prefits.
Yeah but for some reason they don't offer a steel prefit in 6.5 PRC. I even asked why and they pretty much shot me down haha.

I got a 24" 6.5 CM shouldered prefit for my Tikka from PVA in exactly 6 weeks.

Seems you're the exception to the rule.
For hunting level accuracy, I'd go with http://mcgowenbarrel.com/ they seem still run 10% for BlackFriday :rolleyes:

You will get a threaded barrel for around $300, in about 2-3 months. They have been quite consistent for me in terms of delivery time, for my past 3 barrels. Accuracy wise, sub-moa for sure, half-moa maybe. Some got really good results, mine were more like 0.6-0.7 moa stuff. They offer shouldered Tikka prefit, also, blued barrel which is important to me. Many options to customize, I really like them and would recommend to anyone.

Reactions: beretta_man11
For hunting level accuracy, I'd go with http://mcgowenbarrel.com/ they seem still run 10% for BlackFriday :rolleyes:

You will get a threaded barrel for around $300, in about 2-3 months. They have been quite consistent for me in terms of delivery time, for my past 3 barrels. Accuracy wise, sub-moa for sure, half-moa maybe. Some got really good results, mine were more like 0.6-0.7 moa stuff. They offer shouldered Tikka prefit, also, blued barrel which is important to me. Many options to customize, I really like them and would recommend to anyone.
If I can't get my reloads below 1/2 MOA, I hulk up and start throwing things.

Forgot to mention, they only charge 50% cost at the order, and you pay remaining 50% at shipment date. This is much more fair term in my sense.

If I can't get my reloads below 1/2 MOA, I hulk up and start throwing things.
Dont think anyone can guarantee that, but with what you said, you should try go with Chad @ LRI as previous post, you will have a better chance towards that accuracy goal.

I priced out one of their barrels and for what I wanted it was almost as much as a proof prefit.

I priced out one of their barrels and for what I wanted it was almost as much as a proof prefit.
well, if we want something inexpensive, fast and good quality, only made in China stuff meets those standards....just kidding. I guess there is compromise to be made no matter how you spin it.

well, if we want something inexpensive, fast and good quality, only made in China stuff meets those standards....just kidding. I guess there is compromise to be made no matter how you spin it.
Sometimes you can afford good weed and sometimes shake weed will do the job.

Reactions: cageli
And it's not really the price thing, but if a steel barrel is going to cost that much I'll just do a proof.

And it's not really the price thing, but if a steel barrel is going to cost that much I'll just do a proof.
Not to mess with you, but proof blank is already above $700, barrel smithing is around $300-$400...I dont think LRI fitted steel barrel costs that much last time I checked, or you went nuts on things like fluting all that.

Not to mess with you, but proof blank is already above $700, barrel smithing is around $300-$400...I dont think LRI fitted steel barrel costs that much last time I checked, or you went nuts on things like fluting all that.
Sure did! Trying to get the weight down!

We used a barrel nut prefit from solid accuracy. 2 week turnaround. 1st Group out of the gun.
487A7C5F-7005-43D6-8B88-1457E71FB610.jpeg

This is what we need more of!
I agree. I can’t figure out why people continue to support businesses that can’t deliver on work when promised. We as shooters are dropping serious dollars. To be treated as such is preposterous. Guys like Chad Dixon among many get that. They don’t over promise and deliver every time.

Not ball kicking you but that’s an apples to oranges comparison. Machines and tooling aren’t cheap. I believe fluting adds at least 175 from LRI.

Definitely avoid PVA. I'm 11 weeks in on a prefit that had a 6-8 week timeline. The last two weeks "it definitely will ship out end of week." I gave them one last chance and they blew it.

Not ball kicking you but that’s an apples to oranges comparison. Machines and tooling aren’t cheap. I believe fluting adds at least 175 from LRI.
I had a vasectomy last week. No more balls to kick.

Been sitting up all night thinking about this build haha. Seriously thinking about abandoning the Tikka idea (I have a donor rifle) and going with a Bighorn Origin so I can use 700 parts. My initial idea for this build was an Iota Kremlin stock and a proof barrel. Then I started thinking about cost cutting and just doing a sporter contour steel barrel and using the wood stock for now.

I know if I go with the Origin I'll also need to buy a trigger, and bottom metal/magazine parts.

Should I just keep moving forward with the Tikka idea?

Just to give you a point of reference, all the black friday sale barrels will be finished by the tail end of next week at PVA. It helps to have all the blanks and parts on the shelf.

You flip flop so much who the hell could keep up to know what you should do.

Just pick one and do it, there’s no bad choice listed.
I've been flip flopping on this build since I bought the Tikka to use as a donor 3 years ago.

Reactions: spife7980

Look at Carbonsix if you are concerned about weight.