• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Short Action, Magnum BF, What my Options?

Glen1978

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2012
Buena Vista, CO
Been back and forth on using a Tikka action from a 300wm I have collecting dust. Problem is that all the chassis that I like are only available in Tikka short action cartridges. This isn't a problem as its easily changed with a bolt stop. The problem comes up with a decent Magnum BF caliber that will fit in a short action mag and be reliably fed and be able to seat bullet to proper COAL. AND have shouldered prefits readily available. The 6.5 PRC I think needs to be set out a little further than SA allows. The 7SS doesnt have available prefits I dont think. What else is out there?

This would save me from buying a custom action. Yes I could swap the bolt to 308 BF but thats $350 bucks best I can find. Not sure I wana spend that kinda money on factory action.

For Tikka pre-fit barrels in the Sherman chamberings, take a look at Patriot Valley Arms.

Also, Preferred Barrel Blanks will work with you if you order a barrel and want to rent a reamer from Sherman so they can chamber it for you.

For Tikka pre-fit barrels in the Sherman chamberings, take a look at Patriot Valley Arms.

Also, Preferred Barrel Blanks will work with you if you order a barrel and want to rent a reamer from Sherman so they can chamber it for you.
Nothing listed on PVA for any Sherman stuff. Except in there custom order section. But not quite sure what is referring to.

I can t link for shit, all I can manage is pics. I saw it a couple days ago, dont even remember the seller's name, sorry

Reactions: Glen1978
MDT sells a long action chassis for Tikka and there might be some others.
They use a AICS 3.56 magazine if you want to load longer rounds.

You can also use the short action binderless mags in a short action chassis that will get you between 2.96 to 2.97 that will work with factory PRC ammo but it is a close fit.

Most people are already using what you have for 6.5 PRC....
They work fine in a factory 300/7 magnum long action and bottom metal and magazine.
If you decided to go with a more traditional stock you can get it inlet for the factory spec'd dbm in either factory or aftermarket like Mountain tactical, Atlasworx, RedSnake and I'm sure a few others...

Pictures are MDT without the binder plate and the factory plastic mag just to give you an idea.
I built my hunting rifle from a 300wm donor using Carbon6 shouldered prefit barrel and Atlasworx dbm in a South Fort Labs stock
IMG_0289.JPGIMG_0391a.jpgIMG_0384b.JPG

Reactions: DROWN
MDT sells a long action chassis for Tikka and there might be some others.
They use a AICS 3.56 magazine if you want to load longer rounds.

You can also use the short action binderless mags in a short action chassis that will get you between 2.96 to 2.97 that will work with factory PRC ammo but it is a close fit.

Most people are already using what you have for 6.5 PRC....
They work fine in a factory 300/7 magnum long action and bottom metal and magazine.
If you decided to go with a more traditional stock you can get it inlet for the factory spec'd dbm in either factory or aftermarket like Mountain tactical, Atlasworx, RedSnake and I'm sure a few others...

Pictures are MDT without the binder plate and the factory plastic mag just to give you an idea.
I built my hunting rifle from a 300wm donor using Carbon6 shouldered prefit barrel and Atlasworx dbm in a South Fort Labs stock
View attachment 7274391View attachment 7274392View attachment 7274393
They dont make a Tikka LA in the ACC chassis. Which is what I wanted. Or an MPA Comp chassis either. Thats why I abandoned the Tikka idea. But there this rifle sets unused. Maybe if I could find someone that wanted to trade Mag bolt for 308 bolt.

They dont make a Tikka LA in the ACC chassis. Which is what I wanted. Or an MPA Comp chassis either. Thats why I abandoned the Tikka idea. But there this rifle sets unused. Maybe if I could find someone that wanted to trade Mag bolt for 308 bolt.
Put a WTT in the PX.
I would trade in a heartbeat for the Mag BF to use on another build if had one to trade.

Yeah just put up a post to trade. Ill keep it up a day to so and see if there is any interest. If not Im moving on to the custom action idea.