• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

tikka smiths? In CA?

Crotalus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2008
Santa Rosa, Ca
Well with the Manners EH group buy stocks getting close, I am getting anxious about finding a smith to re-barrel my tikka for the project. I had planned on Having Spartan Precision doing the rebarrel. Now it seems he is too busy to take on more work, and didn't sound interested in doing work on the tikka anyway.

Are there any smiths who will do the metal work on a tikka in Nor Cal? I'd prefer not to have to ship my rifle but I guess I'll have to if that is the only option. Any one have a smith to recommend for tikka work?

oh and I have all the parts, just need the barrel change. Think I'm going to by pass action truing.

thanks

A Tikka owner myself, I think your going to have to use the mail system to get something done. If Marc's commitments have him busy, there's nobody else I'd trust locally. Good luck.

Doing a Tikka T3 is easier even than a Rem, any good builder should be able to do it for you. It's not a metric thread and there's no bolt relief to cut. Good luck,
Justin

Thanks guys, is there anyone you can recommend has done a tikka with a non-ridiculous turnaround time? Most of the small time smiths around will only work on 700s.