• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka stock rail, worth keeping?

gritz55

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2020
Colorado Springs, CO
Working on a Tikka CTR build, and was curious if the rail that comes stock on the Tikka CTRs would be worth keeping, or just replacing.

Plan is to have a 0 MOA base rail and mount a 20 MOA mount on top of that. Its going to be for matches and general longer range shooting.

Thanks

If you don't need the added can't i'd probably leave it. If you just wanna upgrade I really like the area 419 tikka rails.

Reactions: gritz55
It is a good quality steel rail that is a pain in the ass to get off. I have removed two different ones now and it takes a while. They already have dowel pins installed and the whole rail is glued/epoxied on. It's probably installed better than whatever rail you would install.

If you plan on using a 0 MOA rail and you don't care about weight, there's 0 reason to remove it.

Reactions: 260284 and shlouf
It is a good quality steel rail that is a pain in the ass to get off. I have removed two different ones now and it takes a while. They already have dowel pins installed and the whole rail is glued/epoxied on. It's probably installed better than whatever rail you would install.

If you plan on using a 0 MOA rail and you don't care about weight, there's 0 reason to remove it.
Thanks man, thats what I was wondering. If they are solid as fuck, I'll leave it be and put that money towards a mount.

Reactions: Harman117
Working on a Tikka CTR build, and was curious if the rail that comes stock on the Tikka CTRs would be worth keeping, or just replacing.

Plan is to have a 0 MOA base rail and mount a 20 MOA mount on top of that. Its going to be for matches and general longer range shooting.

Thanks
I have the 0 MOA stock rail on mine coupled with a 20.6 MOA Spuhr mount and a 4-27 Razor Gen II. Works great in PRS.

In my opinion, the only reason to replace one is if you're dead set on using standard rings with no cant. Most one piece mounts give you the option of putting the cant in them instead. I use a 30 moa spuhr on mine with zero complaints or sign of movement.

Leave it, it's already pinned and everything. You are good to go.

Reactions: gritz55
In my opinion, the only reason to replace one is if you're dead set on using standard rings with no cant. Most one piece mounts give you the option of putting the cant in them instead. I use a 30 moa spuhr on mine with zero complaints or sign of movement.
awesome, yeah i plan on going with spuhr as well. So thats good to hear. Thanks