• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Stock woes over, for now

usmc02xx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2012
Locust Grove GA, USA
So I've been looking around for a tikka stock that wouldnt kill me financially for a Varmint/Benchrest rig. Hadn't really thought about it, but I had someone recommend a laminate to me. The boyds laminate "tacticool" was only 95 dollars and in stock. If I pillar and bed it I think it will be ok. But I also found these people Target-Bench Styles that have some really nice laminates, benchrest style, for $200. Can inlet any of thier stocks for the T3's. And its not a special order item anymore. I just thought I'd share since I see so many people looking for them and blanching at the 600-1000 price tag. This may be a viable alternative for you also.

Last edited:
I don't know about those but I just got a couple Boyd's thumb hole stocks and I don't think Mandingo has big enough hands to get a proper angle on the trigger.

Bench Rest Style
How much I would have to ajdust in order to just drop the action for my Tikka T3 Lite in one of these stocks? Would it require a glass bedding job? I called and they said they can make it for my rifle and would charge $208 for the laminate stock +39 dollars for the recoil pad.