• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Stocks

petefixer

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I am looking to get an extra stock for my sons .243 he turned 10 this year which means he can hunt with me and really wants a snow camo painted stock for coyote hunting with me. My questions is does Tikka sell the regular synthetic stocks? Any idea where I could get one if not? And are all the synthetic stocks the same no matter what caliber it is? Thanks in advance guys!

Re: Tikka Stocks

why not just paint the one you have or buy something else inletted for a tikka? does it have to be a factory stock?

I figured it would be cheaper going with a factory stock? I guess I figured the really nice stocks that the members here are buying are heavier and a little awkward to carry. The LOP with the factory stock is perfect for him right now. If you any better ideas I am all for it! Please remember that the rifle may not be treated near as nice as alot of range rifles. LOL

The reason I dont want to paint the one on is because he will also use that rifle when there is no snow on the ground. That way we can swap the stocks every season.

Is there definetly a difference in stock depending on the barrels? Might be a stupid question but I really dont know.

Not 100% sure but think there are only two barrel sizes.
Lite/sporter and varmint/tactical.
I personally would only use one good stock and rather work with cammo tape.
I'd have several take off stocks lying around also one for T3 but I'm too far away. Ask a few custom rifle builders who do T3's.
edi

Paiint it like this then in the winter use some white vet wrap. Problem solved.
DEERPics103.jpg

bowpics582.jpg

Any t3 lite stock will work for you. It will not matter on the caliber as they all use the same stock. If you paint it and then want the paint removed, spray some brake cleaner on it and it will clean right up.