• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T-3 Questions?

Colorado Luckydog

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
I traded for a new 6.5 Creedmoor and I made the bad decision to get rid of my Tikka and keep the new one. I'm over all that and have decided to keep the Tikka. Anyway, I'm taking my Tikka to the gunsmith on Tuesday. I'm going to get him to cut the barrel off an inch or two and re-thread it for the brake. If I'm going to keep this thing, I want to like for more than just because it shoots good. I want to get a new stock for it. Not to make it shoot better but to make it look good and feel good. Shooting better would be great but hard to do. This thing shoots great already. I'm not afraid of spending money but I don't want to spend more for the stock than i spent on the gun. Main thing is, I want a good looking stock, and I want to buy one that fits right from someone who knows what they are talking about. Except for AR's, AK's and shotguns, I don't think I have ever replaced a stock before. Please, give me your thoughts and point me in the right direction. Thanks!!!
tikka 1.jpg

Someone has a nice one for sale in the PX.

I can vouch for how cool those stocks are.

Would own it if not for spending $ on my kid’s rifle and accessories.

PS: work on writing a coherent post.
I got nauseated reading yours….

Last edited:
It's too long to carry for deer hunting and that is this guns main purpose. I'll only lose maybe 75 to 100 fps.

Check out the Mesa precision altitude stock. Although a cheaper option would be a Bell and Carlson. Depends on what you’re after I suppose.

World is (mostly) your oyster with Tikka's now.

Manners, McMillan, KRG, MPA, XLR, MDT to name a few of the more popular ones.

Reactions: Baron23
It's too long to carry for deer hunting and that is this guns main purpose. I'll only lose maybe 75 to 100 fps.

I occasionally carry a 26” 6.5 creed for deer…..

Never had an issue with my T3 in factory length.
12+ yrs.

But I still use the factory stock on it and hammer stuff. 🤷‍♂️

Prob...or at least maybe...more than you want to spend but look at MDT's hunting weight chassis. less than two pounds

I occasionally carry a 26” 6.5 creed for deer…..

Never had an issue with my T3 in factory length.
12+ yrs.

But I still use the factory stock on it and hammer stuff. 🤷‍♂️
It's not that it's an issue, I hate a barrel that long. I use to hunt with a 300 Ultra Mag. I loved the round but hated the long action and the 26"barrel. I switched to the 300 WSM with the short action and the shorter barrel and have never looked back. I even hunt with a 26" barrel shotgun instead of a 28. I get on the birds with it faster. It's just something that I have developed over the years and I'm picky about it.

Prob...or at least maybe...more than you want to spend but look at MDT's hunting weight chassis. less than two pounds

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. The rifle already shoots awesome. Maybe I should look into getting it dipped or painted.

Reactions: Baron23
KRG bravo is $350ish. Otherwise Iota kremlin, OMR AG composite, Manners EHTK, and Mesa precision. That mcmillan game hunter is a sweet stock. If you go B&C, you'll add a decent amount of weight and probable have to bed it. I wouldn't be too upset about spending more on the stock than you did for the rifle since the tikka action is a bargain for what you get.