• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t1x 17hmr setup question

SPAK

Stupid can be fixed
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Alaska
Need a little assistance from t1x owners.

Looking to buy a t1x in 17hmr topping it off with a vortex diamond back tactical 6-25x50 on a 30 moa rail.

questions:

can I still obtain a 25-50 yard zero with the 30 moa base with the 6-24 or is it better to go with a 15moa base and keep the erector closer to the center?

looking at the vortex pro series rings: will lows clear the objective or will I need mediums?

thanks in advance.

I believe medium rings would be needed if you use a flat rail such as a DIP or Mountain Tactical. If you use a tall rail such as the Area 419 or EGW you could probably get by with low rings.

Getting a 25 yard zero "could" be an issue. I can't remember the scope but I couldn't get a 50 yard zero with a 25 MOA rail. I'm pretty sure that was a mil adjustment scope.

I highly recommend the T1x in 17 HMR. Very pleased with mine.

I’m planning on using the area 419 rail... do you think 15 moa is the better solution?

Need a little assistance from t1x owners.

Looking to buy a t1x in 17hmr topping it off with a vortex diamond back tactical 6-25x50 on a 30 moa rail.

questions:

can I still obtain a 25-50 yard zero with the 30 moa base with the 6-24 or is it better to go with a 15moa base and keep the erector closer to the center?

looking at the vortex pro series rings: will lows clear the objective or will I need mediums?

thanks in advance.

I don't think you will need the 30moa. The 17 HMR is very flat shooting, compared to a 22 LR. I zero my 17 HMR at 100yds and it just slightly high at 50 yds. I use a rail and Burris Sig. Zee rings. You can make adjustments with the rings also. And the inserts protects scope from ring marks.

Mark

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
I’m planning on using the area 419 rail... do you think 15 moa is the better solution?

For me, and this is me, 20 MOA is the most I would go. Also MarkCZ is 100% correct regarding the Burris Signature rings. The inserts are a fantastic feature in many ways. I use them quite a bit.

I had a pst 2 5-25x50 with a 20 moa dip rail and the 30mm medium Burris signature rings. I had +10 moa inserts in the back and either 0 or -10 inserts in the front. The objective would clear, but I could not fit the scope cap on. I also had plenty of adjustment left. Not sure how much adjustment the Diamond Back has compared the the pst 2 though. Cheek weld was good for me because I put mine in a ctr stock.

Diamond back only has 19mils total elevation travel... I’m gonna go with a 20moa base and medium rings I think.

Do you guys leave the barrel spacer in or take it out??