• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1x bolt release pin length?

Secerator

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2021
USA
Please someone with a Tikka T1x help!
I removed the stock of my T1x and the pin that holds the bolt release along with the small spring from under the bolt release lever, fell off through the boards of my deck.
With the help of a magnet I could find the small spring, but can't find the pin that goes through the hole of the bolt release to hold it in place.
Can someone tell me if that pin (it is accessible only when you remove the stock) is ferrous metal that can be caught with a magnet? I already spent half an hour on my belly under the deck in the dirt sweeping the ground with a magnet bar and can't find it...

It would be also helpful if you could measure with some calipers the length and thickness of the pin. maybe I can manufacture one from something if I can't find it.

Thank you very much!

Edit: I spent another 30 min in the small space under my deck on my belly in dirt trying to find the pin with a magnet. So at this time I gave up on finding it. This is not a critical part and it looks like I can replace it with a small nail, drill bit or something else. I grinded the nail pictured below too short and it was falling off.

Please someone measure the length of your pin. I don't need the thickness as I can go with something that fits the hole. I think if the pin it's too long it will press against the stock, if too short, it might fall off into the stock.

Thank you!

T1x.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't even know that pin came out. Your's just fell out? My action is on the way back to me from having the barrel shortened. When I get it back tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll try to get measurements for you.

Reactions: Secerator
I didn't even know that pin came out. Your's just fell out? My action is on the way back to me from having the barrel shortened. When I get it back tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll try to get measurements for you.
Thank you very much! While you are at it, if you have a magnet around, please let me know if a magnet would pick it up, maybe I will try one more time with a magnet one day.

It's the pin that holds the bolt release in place. It comes out pretty easily. At least it did on my Tikka. I dropped mine while I removed the stock to adjust the trigger.

Reactions: TahoeDust
@Secerator

I can't even get mine out with pliers. Is there a trick to release it. It is 2mm thick if that helps. Can't get you length or if it can be picked up with a magnet.