• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1x Bolt Throw (vs T3x)

vadim97

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2023
New York
I really like my T3x and I got a T1x to shoot with my son. Just got it set up and the bolt throw is disappointing compared to the other gun. Feels loose and isn't quite as smooth as its bigger brother. Appreciate that it's probably all quite subjective. What do people here think?

Thanks

I really cant remember how mine was when it was new. But after 3 or 4 cases of ammo it is now buttery smooth. Of course mine was one of the early ones who knows how they have changed but keep a little oil on it and run the hell out of it I bet it gets better.

I really like my T3x and I got a T1x to shoot with my son. Just got it set up and the bolt throw is disappointing compared to the other gun. Feels loose and isn't quite as smooth as its bigger brother. Appreciate that it's probably all quite subjective. What do people here think?

Thanks
Just use it. Or spend big $$$ for a 700 clone 22. I’ve got 20K through my T1X.

My T1x action feels great. It's always felt very quick, smooth, and snappy.
Like everything put some ammo through it, or do some dryfire practise and it should smoothen out.

Reactions: Average guy
My T1x action feels great. It's always felt very quick, smooth, and snappy.
Like everything put some ammo through it, or do some dryfire practise and it should smoothen out.
Dont dry fire it too much or you will be replacing the firing pin. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Dont dry fire it too much or you will be replacing the firing pin. Ask me how I know.
I've replaced mine twice despite using snap caps....
Dry fire practise is just too useful as a training aid.

Reactions: 7mmMato
I concur that's it's not the smoothest action. I have two t3x and a t1x, the t1x is fairly well used, bolt still looks great. It imperative to keep it clean and free of any febris.

I find that if I lubricate the top side of the bolt with a very high viscosity lubricant, I get really great feel. Should you need to do this, maybe no, but it works well. I use JETLUBE nuclear grade ( by Nikol) or a different high temp fluorocarbon based lube. I wouldn't recommend that though.

Reactions: 7mmMato