• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X Chassis

Macca

Straya
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2012
This idea maybe out there with the trees,but i'm sure i'm not the only one thinking about it.
I basically want to be build a .22 trainer to mimic my Tac A1.
As the Tikka T1X action has the same footprint as the standard T3 etc,if one were to mount it in a Tac A1 chassis,how could you magazine feed it?
Would the simplest method be to fix the the T1X magazine into the CTR magazine?
And before anyone suggests a Vudoo V22,i'd buy one in a heartbeat if they were available on my side of the Pacific.

This idea maybe out there with the trees,but i'm sure i'm not the only one thinking about it.
I basically want to be build a .22 trainer to mimic my Tac A1.
As the Tikka T1X action has the same footprint as the standard T3 etc,if one were to mount it in a Tac A1 chassis,how could you magazine feed it?
Would the simplest method be to fix the the T1X magazine into the CTR magazine?
And before anyone suggests a Vudoo V22,i'd buy one in a heartbeat if they were available on my side of the Pacific.
waiting to get my hands on a T1x in Australia to figure out what parts can be made for it.

I think the rifle will fit in a bravo but the tikka t1x magazine latch is likely to be part of the tikka trigger guard, so it may need some sort of solution to use the t1x magazines in the bravo or aics compatible bottom metal/inlet.

I think the rifle will fit in a bravo but the tikka t1x magazine latch is likely to be part of the tikka trigger guard, so it may need some sort of solution to use the t1x magazines in the bravo or aics compatible bottom metal/inlet.

Correct. It's not a matter of fit (per KRG) it is a matter of functionality.

Looking to build a training partner to my PVA JH

My understanding is that the magazine catch is attached to the receiver-bolted magwell, not on the trigger guard assembly (ala cz 452/453/455. If that’s true, it could live inside a ctr/aics pattern magwell. Won’t know from sure into someone has one in-hand.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the magazine catch is attached to the receiver-bolted magwell, not on the trigger guard assembly (ala cz 453/455. If that’s true, it could live inside a ctr/aics pattern magwell. Won’t know from sure into someone has one in-hand.
I was thinking if its more like the normal Tikka plastic trigger guard, the latch would be attached to the bottom metal, rather than CZ style - attached to the action. Given that its trying to fit a T3 inlet I don't know if they will have any way of attaching the well to the action.
Will be keen to get my hands on a T1x to pull it apart and see. Making the magwell attached to the action would make life easier though.
20180402_121646.png

I think I'd like to put one in a KRG Bravo as well. It'll be interesting to see what the aftermarket guys can come up with once they are finally out.

Dave

Reactions: eveyoz
I was thinking if its more like the normal Tikka plastic trigger guard, the latch would be attached to the bottom metal, rather than CZ style - attached to the action. Given that its trying to fit a T3 inlet I don't know if they will have any way of attaching the well to the action.
Will be keen to get my hands on a T1x to pull it apart and see. Making the magwell attached to the action would make life easier though. View attachment 6889804

Found where I heard the magwell was attached to the receiver. Tikka's rep covered it in a SHOT show webcast.

"The magazine well actually is already attached into the receiver... Not attached to the trigger group like the t3/t3x. This even makes it more easable(?) to make these additions/modifications for the t1x..."

It's @ 5:10 in the video below. You have give your name/email to watch as guest:
https://beretta-usa.brand.live/c/shot-show-live-sako-and-tikka-new-products

Last edited:
Found where I heard the magwell was attached to the receiver. Tikka's rep covered it in a SHOT show webcast.

"The magazine well actually is already attached into the receiver... Not attached to the trigger group like the t3/t3x. This even makes it more easable(?) to make these additions/modifications for the t1x..."

It's @ 5:10 in the video below. You have give your name/email to watch as guest:
https://beretta-usa.brand.live/c/shot-show-live-sako-and-tikka-new-products
awesome, thanks for posting that - had not seen it. Looks like they made the smart decision to have the mag well attached to the receiver - just like CZ.

So this means it will work in the KRG Bravo right?

So this means it will work in the KRG Bravo right?
The inlet is a normal Tikka T3/T3x inlet, so yes it will bolt into the Bravo chassis. No one owns a T1x yet, but It'll probably be like the CZ in the KRG xray chassis - the mag well hopefully lines up and it might be a little difficult to locate during use due to the mag opening being much bigger than the magazine.

OK so I know this is old stuff but I have searched and searched for and answer. I also want to build a Tikka t1x trainer and it just seems like it should fit into the tac a1 chassis. Is this just a dumb thought or can it work?

You can make it fit but needs some work, its somewhere in the t1x thread towards the beginning, someone did it

OK so I know this is old stuff but I have searched and searched for and answer. I also want to build a Tikka t1x trainer and it just seems like it should fit into the tac a1 chassis. Is this just a dumb thought or can it work?
Search for my posts in the T1x thread. I built one on a tac chassis December of last year. LONG Answer- You will have to mill or dremel out part of the "diaphragm between trigger pocket and mag well, no big deal. The bigger issue is modifying scope rail to work. The scope screw spacing is different and you will have to use the 2 back screws and drill/counterbore a third forward screw, plus mill the front a specific amount to make everything line up-while not F'ing up the screw thread insert (STI) that the forward socket head cap screw mount to through the Chassis. THEN YOU WILL NEED TO SHIM OR BED the scope base to fill in the gap.

Tl/DR answer- if you have a mill and are mechanically inclined , no big deal, if you only have a dremel and still want to use the TAC1 chassis's rail- reconsider.

Reactions: Ratchety
Skinnj1 - Thanks for the pointers. Grew up in a machine shop. My dad had me running lathes @ 12 Y/o. I understand what you are saying but the shop and my dad are long gone and I'm here with nothing but a dremel and a cheap drill press. I gotta say that I was really excited about Tikka's offering in .22lr but really disappointed that it is not a drop in for their own chassis. Anyway it's more than I want to tackle. Just wish I wouldn't have to spend a ton of cash for a chassis.

Has anyone droped a T1x in a Whiskey 3 chassi?.

Sold my t3x without the chassi, and i'm waiting for a t1x 17hmr to drop in. Would be sweet if i could use the whiskey 3 for it.

No issues letting the dremmel do some damage on it if needed.

Has anyone droped a T1x in a Whiskey 3 chassi?.

Sold my t3x without the chassi, and i'm waiting for a t1x 17hmr to drop in. Would be sweet if i could use the whiskey 3 for it.

No issues letting the dremmel do some damage on it if needed.
A W3 T3 chassis is far from plug and play. Look up my modified KRG bravo posts from last november (before KRG made a T1 stock) in the big T1 thread. It is more than a dremel can do to modify a KRG backbone/triggergaurd. A MPA type chassis could be dremeled at the possible expense of aesthetics if you were not careful.

A W3 T3 chassis is far from plug and play. Look up my modified KRG bravo posts from last november (before KRG made a T1 stock) in the big T1 thread. It is more than a dremel can do to modify a KRG backbone/triggergaurd. A MPA type chassis could be dremeled at the possible expense of aesthetics if you were not careful.

Thanks.

Checked it out now, seems to be quite a bit more work than i expected...

Going to see whats needed when i get the rifle, no problems getting help with the machining tho.