• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1x heavy lift bolt

stradibarrius

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2017
I have a Tikka T1x that shoots lights out! closing the bolt is smooth and "normal". After the shot the bolt is heavy to lift. The rifle has about 500-700 rounds so far.
Does this match up with others experience? I have noticed on youtube vids the shooters appear to lift the bolt easily.

Can't really say because you have not provided any specific measure of the force required. It may be normal ... it may not. Or you may need to consider going to the gym ... or you may not.

yes it has always been this way. I have heard of people polishing their bolt...opinions?

Just with a certain ammo? Mine isn’t like this

Lube the bolt up and sit in the living room and get about a 1000 cycles through it. The raceways and cocking pieces.

I just picked up a Stainless B14r and the action definitely does not feel like the 2019 B14r Carbon I've had since they were new. I knocked out about 700 cycles easily enough in a hour of watching tv. Do about 50 at a time.

It did help. Costs nothing.

Reactions: Williwaw
Lube the bolt up and sit in the living room and get about a 1000 cycles through it. The raceways and cocking pieces.

I just picked up a Stainless B14r and the action definitely does not feel like the 2019 B14r Carbon I've had since they were new. I knocked out about 700 cycles easily enough in a hour of watching tv. Do about 50 at a time.

It did help. Costs nothing.
Stainless B14R? Didn’t know they made one

Stainless B14R? Didn’t know they made one
20231205_012951.jpg

It's limited production. A 20" barreled action. There was a sale online (came with rail, upgraded bolt knob and bolt handle as well as a mag and mag extention). I got a surprise bonus so I picked one up.

It's about 3lbs heavier than my Carbon barreled action. Accuracy so far seems to be on par with my Carbon.

Used only 8 rounds to zero optic coming off my Carbon and then shot this 10 rounds at 50yds. Forgot to clean it out of the box. This is outside in about 45°F. SK yellow box. KRG bravo chassis and Triggertech trigger.
20231207_164958.jpg

Dope was...

50 0
100 - 1.8
200 - 6.8
300 - 13.9ish

Buddy also picked one up. He sandblasted the shiny finish off. I may do the same and cerakote black. We'll see.
received_1036531980801097.jpeg

He shot Center X in his. I'm too poor for that shit. Upper right shows four 5 shot groups at 50yds.
received_1600462610768545.jpeg

Reactions: hafejd30
View attachment 8304378

It's limited production. A 20" barreled action. There was a sale online (came with rail, upgraded bolt knob and bolt handle as well as a mag and mag extention). I got a surprise bonus so I picked one up.

It's about 3lbs heavier than my Carbon barreled action. Accuracy so far seems to be on par with my Carbon.

Used only 8 rounds to zero optic coming off my Carbon and then shot this 10 rounds at 50yds. Forgot to clean it out of the box. This is outside in about 45°F. SK yellow box. KRG bravo chassis and Triggertech trigger.View attachment 8304379

Dope was...

50 0
100 - 1.8
200 - 6.8
300 - 13.9ish

Buddy also picked one up. He sandblasted the shiny finish off. I may do the same and cerakote black. We'll see.View attachment 8304383

He shot Center X in his. I'm too poor for that shit. Upper right shows four 5 shot groups at 50yds.View attachment 8304384
Bergara is giving the .22 world a run for its money. My B14R is awesome. Easily clean a KYL at 50 yds