• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TIkka T1x trigger assembly super tight

Yeetdude

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2020
I got a Tikka T1X that I'm trying to install a aftermarket trigger spring. The 5mm allen screw that holds the trigger assembly to the receiver is super tight to the point that I cant remove it. Anyone have this issue? I'm hesitant to take heat to it since the trigger housing is aluminum. Any input would be great

Mine was the same. Once I got it out, you could see the loc-tite caked on the threading from the factory. My torque wrench was cranked all the way to 65” pounds and it wouldn’t budge. I didn’t apply heat, just an aggressive amount of torque. Sorry, I know it’s not that much help.

Mine had to be tightened slightly to break it free, then came right out.

Mine was the same. Once I got it out, you could see the loc-tite caked on the threading from the factory. My torque wrench was cranked all the way to 65” pounds and it wouldn’t budge. I didn’t apply heat, just an aggressive amount of torque. Sorry, I know it’s not that much help.
You should never use a torque wrench for loosening fasteners, only for tightening. It can damage the wrench.