• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1x UPR

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    Is it ever going to come out? What’s the deal does anyone have any info?

Thanks

I'm starting to wonder if the UPR version is not being imported in the US market...

Not that this is what you're talking about but just in case anyone has interest - I can *highly* recommend the T3X UPR. I got a T3X UPR .308 after Christmas and it's been *superb*. Amazing. People had a lot of concerns with the stock - as far as I am concerned, I got a nearly $1,200 stock for basically free. Tikka blatantly copied a super premium Irish design (I spoke to the Irish stock company, amazing folks!) and told their carbon fiber Sako stock factory that they wanted to have their own high-end carbon fiber-reinforced fiberglass tactical/competitional style stock and I have to say I love it.

I had a Manners T5A DBM on an R700 - finest stock I've ever used - but that was when I had disposable money to waste. The the UPR, I got an awesome rifle, and what I personally believe to be an amazing stock, included for very little upcharge. I myself am not into chassis-style stocks- while I recognize that they're the most popular these days and extremely popular here. I am just saying, other people have other likes and wants etc. and for me, the $1,400 for a Tikka T3X UPR gives you an out-of-the-box amazing rifle that for people like me who just can't drop $3500 on customizing a $700 rifle and then have to add $1,000 for a scope etc. Perfect out of box solution.

I have my fair share of rimfires but if I had the money sitting around and the T1X UPR came out, I'd snap one up con mucho gusto.

Reactions: RFutch
    i cant imagine why they wouldnt, im sure theres a huge market here for it given how popular the MTR is. maybe its just some regulatory or corporate crap holding it up.