• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X w/Fixed Ejector

*rim-star*

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2014
Anyone tried one of the new 2nd gen Tikka T1X rifles with the fixed ejector ? Is the ejection reliable? I have seen the video on You Tube where the gentleman who did the video says its a little weaker than the older wire ejector.

I only have 250 rounds (RWS) through my LH .22 T1x and have had no problems from any of the five magazines that I have. Small sample size (I want 1k through it to make any kind of assessment) but encouraging.

Must not be many of the new style T1X out there yet.....hopefully someone will chime in

looking for an Xmas present for my son To shoot NRL base class.
Does the T1x Gen 2 have a different SKU than the Gen 1?
Thanks in advance.

looking for an Xmas present for my son To shoot NRL base class.
Does the T1x Gen 2 have a different SKU than the Gen 1?
Thanks in advance.
You can probably find that info on Tikka's website

I tried, but their site is horrible and it doesn't state whether the pictured rifle is gen 1 or 2.
Cheers,

This ejection stuff just started. My T1x has the fixed ejector-gen 2. If I have a problem with ejection it's the spent case falling back into the action, That fired case can jam the action as another round is coming from magazine, I am at the point of looking to my role in this problem. I'd say it was not chronic to the gun, I was shooting TAC2-Match rounds at the time this failing to eject started. The jury is still out.

Zero malfunctions from my gen 1 after a half dozen bricks of cheap CCI with a can.

Don't really think there's an issue here.

I have a Tikka T1x from 2022 in .22LR. with the the fixed ejector. I experience the weak ejection this system has, as an enginering flaw that should have been made better.
I´m sure people who normally reloads their rifles with force will not have the frustations I have, but when you also use the rifle for bench shooting, and tries to reload gently, then just to have a fired case fall into the action blocking everything up, well that is really not ideal in my mind.

But the rifle was made to be affordable, but at the same time my friends CZ 457´s don´t have this problem, and cost the same where I live in Europe.

When I think about it, maybe the smooth feeling you get when operating the bolt is the thing that messes with your mind, that no force has to be used with this rifle ;)

I have a Tikka T1x from 2022 in .22LR. with the the fixed ejector. I experience the weak ejection this system has, as an enginering flaw that should have been made better.
I´m sure people who normally reloads their rifles with force will not have the frustations I have, but when you also use the rifle for bench shooting, and tries to reload gently, then just to have a fired case fall into the action blocking everything up, well that is really not ideal in my mind.

But the rifle was made to be affordable, but at the same time my friends CZ 457´s don´t have this problem, and cost the same where I live in Europe.

When I think about it, maybe the smooth feeling you get when operating the bolt is the thing that messes with your mind, that no force has to be used with this rifle ;)
I think you are correct. Opening the bolt more aggressively than you think you need to almost eliminates the problem

Regret not buying the first generation when I saw one, but was miffed that the cost was a couple hundred over what was predicted for street prices. Just tested a fixed ejector model with one magazine over about 100rnds of Eley Contact semiauto.
If I drew the bolt slowly, the case would bounce back in the port, but it’s likely my setup rather than a function problem. The rifle is quite accurate at 50yds, but I’m interested in seeing what it’s 16.5 twist barrel does at long range.
BTW, never fired it in the factory stock. Disassembled, degreased, relubed, and assembled in a KRG Bravo with an Area419 50MOA rail from the CZ, and Vortex StrikeEagle.

Mine has ejection issues. Dropped spent casings back in chamber. My B14R did the same. I staked the ejector on that and it’s 100% fixed. This Tikka will have some bugs to work out I guess. Running the bolt fast doesn’t change it. It’s not every round that jams. But its weak ejection in general

Mine runs fine as long as I flick the bolt back with a bit of force.
It does not like to be flicked gingerly.

A new bolt knob that you can actually get a hold of definitely helps the situation tremendously. I’ve got an EGW on mine.
It doesn’t just grant much improved ergos, it also gives WAY more leverage for extraction AND ejection.

Regret not buying the first generation when I saw one, but was miffed that the cost was a couple hundred over what was predicted for street prices. Just tested a fixed ejector model with one magazine over about 100rnds of Eley Contact semiauto.
If I drew the bolt slowly, the case would bounce back in the port, but it’s likely my setup rather than a function problem. The rifle is quite accurate at 50yds, but I’m interested in seeing what it’s 16.5 twist barrel does at long range.
BTW, never fired it in the factory stock. Disassembled, degreased, relubed, and assembled in a KRG Bravo with an Area419 50MOA rail from the CZ, and Vortex StrikeEagle.
Mine is often sub MOA at 100 with wolf or sk match. With little or no wind hitting 6”x12” steel target at 300 yards is consistent.

Reactions: obx22
I purchased this T1x 17HMR new a week ago. It has the fixed ejector. I have fired about 275 rounds through through the rifle and it has ejected each case perfectly, no hesitation, no failures. Ejection is positive and can me modulated by varying the force with which I draw the bolt to the rear. It if proves durable then I think Tikka will have a winner.
image0 (7).jpeg

Reactions: ping