• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1x

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    So I sold an extremely accurate 22lr semi upper, 2 days ago, and as soon as my buddy walked away with it I was screaming to myself "idiot!."

I've been researching the Tikka t1x in 22lr, but apparently they are pretty much impossible to obtain from what I'm seeing. Even Armslist and GunBroker have none. However the 17hmr seems readily Available. I'd probably shoot the 17hmr for a little.

My question is, can I change the barrel and magazine from a 17 hmr to a 22lr? Has anyone else done this? Any issues with functionality? I've always wanted to try a lothar walther barrel and I can get one relatively cheap for the Tikka in 22lr.

Thanks

I'm not sure, if you can change a barrel and mag like you can with a CZ. As far as a T1X, great gun. mine is in a KRG Bravo. Have you looked at the Bergara B14R. My T1X and B14R will shoot sub moa out to 300yds in good conditions.
    Mark

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    I'm not sure, if you can change a barrel and mag like you can with a CZ. As far as a T1X, great gun. mine is in a KRG Bravo. Have you looked at the Bergara B14R. My T1X and B14R will shoot sub moa out to 300yds in good conditions.
    Mark
    That's what I wanted to do with the bravo, so I was between a CZ and a Tikka. But idk how the trigger on the CZ is. Never held one. No I haven't. I'll take a look at them as well

Try searching on the main t1x thread, it was definitely discussed there. Someone was trying to get a left hand hmr and make it a 22.

I believe you can fit a .22lr barrel in as the receiver is the same but the bolt is slightly different and won't work 100%. Couldn't remember if there was a solution.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    Try searching on the main t1x thread, it was definitely discussed there. Someone was trying to get a left hand hmr and make it a 22.

I believe you can fit a .22lr barrel in as the receiver is the same but the bolt is slightly different and won't work 100%. Couldn't remember if there was a solution.
    Will do, thanks man! If that's the case I have to get some patients and wait for a 22lr to become available or go a different route.

I have 2 T1X's in 22lr, that now have custom barrels. They now shoot almost as good as the 15 CZ MTR's that I compete against. However, they do not feed as well as the CZ's.

• Haha
    Reactions: rookie7