• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3.223 1-12 twist

gerdy32

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2023
Ireland
Been shooting 53 grain superperformance for a while now but not beyond 200 yards tried 55 grain at 300 and the bullet landed side on does 2 grains make that much difference out of 1-12 twist

from what the books say, 1in12 should stabilize up to a 60gr projectile, possibly a bit heavier. are you saying that it looks like a boat on paper at 300?

i have a 1in8 and have shot 40gr but they were screaming downrange like a banshee, probably into destruction. for me the lightest i'll shoot is a 55gr.

from what the books say, 1in12 should stabilize up to a 60gr projectile. are you saying that it looks like a boat on paper at 300?

i have a 1in8 and have shot 40gr but they were screaming downrange like a banshee, probably into oblivion. for me the lightest i'll shoot is a 55gr.
Yes bullet landed side on

what ammo you using? factory or hand loads? chronographed the speed? sounds like theyre slowing down early. maybe someone that knows more about ballistics could chime in.

what ammo you using? factory or hand loads? chronographed the speed? sounds like theyre slowing down early. maybe someone that knows more about ballistics could chime in.
Factory 55 grain couldn't even get a group at 100 yards but 53 no problems and

something not right. tried another brand in the same weight?

worst group i got was from remington match ammo, dont remember the weight but shot like shit, 3+ inch groups. every other brand i put through the barrel shot sub moa. ive handloaded since. ammo too fucking expensive down here. only factory ammo i think my rifle likes is the hornady tap 60gr, was $0.75 per round and hasnt been available for a long time, and norma match 77gr, stupid expensive and probably more now, was $1.75 per round.

something not right. tried another brand in the same weight?

worst group i got was from remington match ammo, dont remember the weight but shot like shit, 3+ inch groups. every other brand i put through the barrel shot sub moa. ive handloaded since. ammo too fucking expensive down here. only factory ammo i think my rifle likes is the hornady tap 60gr, was $0.75 per round and hasnt been available for a long time, and norma match 77gr, stupid expensive and probably more now, was $1.75 per round.
The 55 grain were cheap ammo I got for plinking but if they aren't even getting a group no point but hornady 53 grain shoot fine just seems a bit odd that 2 grains could make such a difference

Reactions: Gee Kay