• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T3 Blues

DHNGUYEN747

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2004
Northern, VA
I picked up a Tikka T3 Tactical in 308 with the 20" barrel about six months ago and it shot better than some of my high end sticks. I've since tried to locate another T3 Tactical with the 24" barrel but was told that model has since been discontiued. I then settled for the T3 Super Varmit, same stock, 24" barrel, stainless finish, but not threaded for the muzzle break. Again the model was discontinued by Tikka. Now, I'm looking for the Varmit in 308, 24" barrel, non adjustable comb on stock, and no picanntiny rail. Wonder why Tikka discontinued those models? You guys who have these discontinued rifles should consider yourself truly blessed. OK, I'm done @itching on the soap box, just needed to vent:)

Re: Tikka T3 Blues

First time I have heard of this. I have a tik tac .308 in 24" and a varmint in .223 with a 24" barrel. When I bought that I saw a few super varmints they had. I would check around and do a search of dealers. I think they are out there. I have seen a bunch of used ones too.

For about six weeks I own an Tikka T3 super varmint in .308. My scope is a NF 3,5 - 15 x 56 mildot. I was looking for a Varmint first, but my dealer told me, it will not be available before november. So I bought the Super Varmint.
I still have to get used to the T 3. With MEN Surplus ammo it holds about 1 MOA. My first handload held 5 cm at 250 meter. I think the problem starts behind the rifle ;-)

This rifle is great! By the way, her name is Tilly

Thats funny because we have trouble getting the 20in models, and the 24in tactical and varmint are the norm. As far as i was aware you could only get the super varmint in 24in.

JJ

Nightmare,

Thanks for the link but the rifle in the auction has a 20"
barrel. A lot of times the dealers will post a pic of the 24" model, when it was available, and actually be selling a 20" model. I truly appreciate the help. It seems that the 24" is readily available to my fellow off shore Tikka brothers, enjoy those beautiful Tikkas for me guys. The search goes on.

DHN747

I just bought Tactical in August (24") and todays orders (Europe) have ETA somewhere in December or more likely Jan/Feb 2010.

Maybe discontinuation is just an excuse...

PS: Does anyone have 24" T3Tac. without thicker muzzle end, i've sent email to Sako why they changed design on it (mine has uniform barrel without bulge@muzzle end as first batches had).

Called up Ablesguns last week. They have the Tactical in 223 with the 24" barrel, which for some reason is a lot more common. Best I can find was at dansguns.com who said there was a 4 month waiting list of the 24" 308 Tactical but who would not confirm whether or not it had been discontinued, and on top of that they wanted $1,500 for rifle. Sounded a little fishy so I just moved on. Looks like I'm going to go with the T3 Varmit.

good question...I waited 2 months to get it from beretta ...
but it was worth it
smile.gif

Hollow crap!! Just find one available on GunsAmerica.com for $1,850.00. The seller added the muzzle brake, an extra mag, and rings. Don't get me wrong but at that price the field just openned up to some very nice sticks and not to make guys mad at me but I bought my T3 Tactical with the muzzle brake for $750 shipped. So what do you guys think? Save up a little more and get a TRG-22 or I got a line on two SSG-69 P2's for $2,100. Decisions, decisions.

Prices are up there in my neck of the woods. A new tikka tactical here is about $1600 before taxes. I got a good deal on my used one for $1350. If you can buy them all day long at $750 then count yourself as being pretty friken lucky.

Yeeehaaaa!!! Just talk to a shooter in Kalifornia and he has the Tactical with a 24" barrel that he's willing to part with for $1,200.00. I'm all over that stick. Finally the search has ended!!! Will post pics as soon as I get that rifle.